Exedy TWIN HD Problem - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Timeslip: 12.8 @ 109
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
Exedy TWIN HD Problem

Hi, I bought slightly used exedy twin HD few months ago. I installed it and it was fine, than I felt asleep on the road and got into a ditch. I was revving high rpm for another 15 min to get the car out, little by little I got the car out of a ditch. After that I was driving home, and the clutch pedal felt realy soft... The next morning I start the car and it wouldnt go to any gear, I was like ... But than I turn off the engine, check the gears, there were all going fine, So I put on a first gear and than start the car, and everything was kinda ok, But hard to put on the gear at first when it drives! I got on the road and tested all gears, there were all perfectly fine... The next morning it happend again. I went into a shop to check clutch and transmision, they said that everything was fine. But its not... I been driving like that for weeks now. It happends only when the engine is cold, usaly in the morning... What could it be? Is it time to change the clutch? Its not slipping or anything.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey be happy its not slipping, My 6-Puck is slipping due to track abuse, so my 1st gear is kinda hard to get goin in, and HILL SUCK!!!

But yeah i dont know what wrong with it, seems like bad linkage or something? not sure tho.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

My car was super hard to get into gear with my twin disk. Bled the clutch, adjusted the shit out of it, nothing helped. Finally replaced it with a stocker, still the same problem. Took it to mitsubishi and they are tearing apart my transmission now because they said the syncros and shift sleeve(?) are messed up. They do not know there was a twin disk in there though , hello warentee.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

yea lol, It happends only when the car is cold, usaly in the morning. When you start driving then stop at the red light, put on natural, than shit happends, the gear just wont go. So anyone else may know why it keep doin that?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yea your syncros are toast. That means you need a rebuild. with out driving it that is my 2 cents.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Yea your syncros are toast. That means you need a rebuild. with out driving it that is my 2 cents.
So you saying I messed up my trasmission? I went to the shop and they check the transmission, and said its normal.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Check your shifter linkage. That is what they actually decided was wrong with mine. There was a clip missing. See if you can manually engage it from the linkage itself, if that works out fine then your linkage may be messed up.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Is it a gear you can not get in? Or is it all gears? Also how did they check the trany out. I hope they took it out. and not just look at it. It is so hard to tell from reading what you write, to tell you what is wrong. Is the cluch ingaging? If so How did you check? Is the clutch sil. wrking properly? theses are things I would check Same as my linkage, as Boostin said.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Its only happeneds in the morning or after the car not been used for a while. The problem is that when you start the car, push the clutch pedal all the way, the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and rear gear just wont slide in! After I got my car warm up, than hardly u slide to first gear, I mean HARDLY! After the car start moving, All gears slide FINE! Until you stop at a stop sign, wait for a while, and its starts doing it again! Its like the Exedy Plates get seized...
Old 02-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

sounds like low fulid or maybe kinked clutch line. u should replace those with steel braided anyway with a twin disc. thats what i would think considering the wreck and all.
my old civic was sorta like that because the prs. plate was binding against tranny.
the guy i bought car from couldnt get it right so i bought it (h22 swap) and pulled tranny and found the pr. plate bolts had backed out and he didnt line up the guide pins. i guess he had it down tighjt enough to work for a little while then the guide pins and loose bolts worked the pr. plate back and it was grinding the tranny bell housing.
so ceck for kinked lines. then check for proper clutch install. thats what i would say
Old 02-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

or maybe im 2 years late wow my bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement