It's clutch time! - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Oh, installed would be much more than that, I would think, unless you have someone local who does it for very cheap. The dealer will charge $1000, most speed shops $800, and a few rare places may do it for $600 at least in my experience living on the East Coast and now in CO after doing 2 clutch installs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 11:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
... I forget, though, is their 6-puck sprung or unsprung? My Exedy 4-puck is sprung, which helps it remain somewhat docile for daily driving.
The six puck is sprung... like me.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Me and a buddy of mine just installed my Exedy Twin a couple weeks ago. Let me tell you, it's a world of difference. If you don't want to worry about messing with your clutch again, go with the Twin. I wasn't trying to spend that kind of cash either, but I decided that the alternative, purchasing another clutch, was worse.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Oh, installed would be much more than that, I would think, unless you have someone local who does it for very cheap. The dealer will charge $1000, most speed shops $800, and a few rare places may do it for $600 at least in my experience living on the East Coast and now in CO after doing 2 clutch installs.

$400 from Buschur

Keith
Old 07-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

$500 out here at rre and tt.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

$400 and $500 are great deals - wish we had such a thing where I live (and have lived). I paid my local sponsor $300 because he was booked and had to push all his customers back a day to fit me in.

Unfortunately, now that I lost 4th gear in the 6spd yesterday, I'm going to have to ask again. At least this will allow me to get my first Shep tranny and install the Exedy Carbon Twin in the garage.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

Yeah, I should state its actually $0 since I will be helping larry with his install and mine will be going in at my garage. I am hearing alot about 4th gears going out on the 6spds now. I hear its the lack of lubrication and the thinner gears on 4th, 5th, and 6th. Guess I should install a trans cooler when the clutch goes in.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

Yes, I'm #4 now, and it's starting to happen more often it seems. I will be getting a trans cooler setup from VIP Garage along with a beefier 6spd, although I guess I should consider a 5spd, eh...

Old 07-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #24 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Amazing thing to me about the 4th gear is that GEARS over on EVOm warned that this was going to happen not long after he bought his MR when the MR's first came out. After taking apart the 6 speed and comparing it to the 5 speed he mentioned the close spacing of the gears on the shaft being a problem along with the gear itself being narrower than the 4th gear in the 5 speed.

Keith
Old 07-23-2006, 07:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Yep, and he was right...I personally wasn't surprised, since I knew his synopsis and had seen it happen to others already.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement