Need a new clutch - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
HA no didn't get the chance
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Timeslip: 12.8 @ 109
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
OK, I installed the exedy twin plate HD clutch. But I after I start the car, the clutch make a wierd noise like there is something tutching the clutch not in the rigth way. Is that normal? It drives ok, which is good... And is it nessesery to adjust the clutch, if yes, How? And I did changed transfer case fluid, but I didnt changed transmission fluid.

Last edited by 05evo; 08-30-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
Its going to chatter alot .

Old 08-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEB View Post
Its going to chatter alot .
Is that normal? Did you adjust your clutch after you put it?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

The exedy is know for chattering at idle just turn up the tunes and forget about it.

Jared
Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05evo View Post
... is it nessesery to adjust the clutch, if yes, How?
Yes. Every time you install a new clutch, it must be adjusted.
You want a little free play off the floor before the clutch begins to grabs and a little free play at the top of the pedal travel.
Look under the dash along the clutch pedal. You'll see that it's connected to a threaded rod with a 12mm lock nut. Loosen the nut and turn the rod longer if you need the clutch to grab sooner, or make the rod shorter if you need it to engage later (you may want to double check this because I haven't adjusted a clutch in a while and this is off the top of my head ) Just spin the rod a half turn at a time and do it when the clutch is warmed up from regular driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05evo View Post
I did changed transfer case fluid, but I didnt changed transmission fluid.
It should be fine. Just double check to make sure it's at the right level/even with the fill hole.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #22 (permalink)

Fellahs, I'm reading this thread all the way from Iraq and it's quite interesting. I checked out the two clutches that have been discussed here and even went to the recommended website. In the course of searching/reading, I ran into the Tilton Twin plate cerametallic organic clutch ($1700) and the Exedy Twin disc cerametallic clutch ($1680). I know it was recommended not to go with a clutch simply because of a cheaper price and that it's wise to get the "right" clutch from the beginning. I was really considering one of the ACT clutch kits but after reading this thread, I think it'll be best if I reconsidered. If there's a clutch in between the ACT and the two others mentioned above someone please let me know. How do I drive my car? I enjoy the 1320 as well as auto-crossing with the occassional street excitement when the coast is clear. I'm already running a methanol kit along with the GSC 272/272 cams along with the other related and/or necessary parts. At the end of the year, the EVO Green will become a part of the mix. So with all of that said, what do you fellahs recommend as a candidate clutch for my deployment money? Thanks.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Well I would recomend exedy twin HD, But I wouldnt recomend buying organic clutch...
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Pure_evo, you can get the Exedy Twin HD cerametallic for $1300-1350. The price you're quoting is full retail markup.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

need a new clutch also

Alright, Im in need of a new clutch also. I don't have a very big budget and will to spend alot since im 90% a daily driver. So far, my decisions are narrowed down to the stock clutch IF I have to, Exedy OEM clutch or the ACT package with the flywheel also. Price range is from stock to $700. Please give me your input from your experiences. Thanks

P.S. I plan on installing it at my house. Flywheel might need resurfacing. Going to take it out before I buy one online so I can see what I really need.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangs4ever4g63 View Post
Alright, Im in need of a new clutch also. I don't have a very big budget and will to spend alot since im 90% a daily driver. So far, my decisions are narrowed down to the stock clutch IF I have to, Exedy OEM clutch or the ACT package with the flywheel also. Price range is from stock to $700. Please give me your input from your experiences. Thanks

P.S. I plan on installing it at my house. Flywheel might need resurfacing. Going to take it out before I buy one online so I can see what I really need.
Always resurface your flywheel, but I would buy a new one instead. They have flywheel and clutch kits you can buy. Read the fourms and find all of them.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement