Question on removing the restrictor pill - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question on removing the restrictor pill

I'm in the middle of doing an install of a SS clutch line, and want to remove the pill while I'm at it.

I've got the release cylinder off, but I'm not sure if the pill is out or not. Looking through the bleeder hole, I can see straight through except for what looks like a very thin bar running across horizontally (basically looks like a line). This may be the edge of the pill, as it appears to be on a spring, but it doesn't appear to be anything that I can push out.

So is this the restrictor pill, or is it something else? If it is the pill, any tricks to getting it out of the cylinder.

Thanks for the help!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here is a link to a tech article on how to do it.

http://evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPa...3c05f479b1ab39
Old 04-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, that's what I was already using for the install.

I think it must have popped out and I missed it. I can look clear through the hole in the release cylinder, and it's not blocked. All that I can see in there is what looks to be some thin spring (but no pill, just a spring - maybe this is what was holding the pill in?).

Anyway, either the pill is laying on it's side or it's out. Either way, I finally gave up struggling with it and put cylinder back on the car.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Remember that the "restrictor pills" are the tiny brass pills in the boost lines. The clutch restrictor valve is a much bigger thing that you can't miss. It's a big plastic piece with a long spring attached to it. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Yes, though, it should just fall right out, but I don't think you could miss it if it did fall out.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

What does it look like when you look through the bleeder hole and the pill is still in there?

What I mean is, does it prevent you from seeing out through to the other side? Because I can see though fine now.

So if it is out, it must have popped out without me noticing it. And since I've been doing all the work in an auto-body bay - there's tons of stuff all over the place - one little piece of plastic or metal would blend right in.

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I never looked through anything. All I know is that as soon as I disconnected the slave cylinder from the trans, the restrictor fell straight down. That was the extent of my clutch restrictor removal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement