Shifter cable Connect TO? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: New England
Shifter cable Connect TO?

what is that piece where to shifter cable connects to called? the 1 on the tranny.. when i change my clutch i can't seem to put that back to normal.. the lever for neutral seem the swing freely.. any input on that? did i damage it? what is that peice call maybe i need a new 1.. thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 05:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
why did you take it off? what do you mean by swing freely? i dont see why you would nee a new anything......Maybe you lost the little plastic half moon piece when you too it apart. this little piece causes people many issues if its not replaced properly or at all.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

yeah i that half moon piece is not connected to anything where dose it go? i can just swing it around freely lol.. oh and i didn't take it off.. wen i was about to connect the shifter cables to it i just notice it from dat point..

Old 06-27-2010, 03:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

i dont have a pic of where it goes exactly and its kind of hard to explain, best bet is to contact the dealer and get a print out of the CAPS program for the shifter cables. this will help you more then anything else. the half moon piece just kind of sits in its spot with the cables on top of it I believe it makes it not bind up and able to shift properly.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

yeah i think i bend it a bit wen i try to put the tranny back up.. do u no how much it cost for a new shifter lever? just dat 1 lever with the half moon.. and do u happen to have the part number for it? or if maybe both lever dun matter..
Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

i dont have any part numbers. go to your local dealer in the parts section with your VIN number. get a print out of the shifter linkage and cables and it should be there, they can print it out and you can circle the number on the paper, then they can get you a price.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

thanks.. i just called the dealer they said it's only 15 dollars for 1 lever.. they told me to go there and look at the print out see if it's the right now.. if it's that cheap im just going to buy both new.. thanks.. u help out every1 in here huh lol
Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

lol yeah if its cheap enough and you think you bent them, it would be a good idea to replace them.

I give it a hell of a shot when it comes to helping out fellow evo owners/car enthusiasts
Old 06-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

yeah i think i did bend it the the half moon piece if not connected to the other lever and and i think it bend downward so it can't connect to the other lever.. it's oki i just order replacement cost me 41.63 at the dealer.. should be here by Wednesday.. hey last question do u no anyplace to buy a new transmission for cheap? cuz the 1 i have right now has no reverse it needs a rebuild.. i can't get it rebuild because it's my daily driven car..
Old 06-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

contact sheptrans.com they should be able to help you or swap you out. are you sure the reverse is not a issue due to the bent lever?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

iono cuz wen i pout it in reverse by hand moving the lever myself it still pop out n grind.. so sheptrans would should out my trans? and 800 rite? but the thing is i can't wait because it's my daily driven car need it to get to work..
Old 06-30-2010, 04:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

your going to have down time anyway it would just be shorter if you got a trans up front from shep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement