Short Shifter for MR tranny? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2005, 05:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Short Shifter for MR tranny?

What's going on guys? I haven't been able to find any yet, so maybe you guys could help me out. I was just wondering if anybody makes a short shifter for the 6 speed tranny in the MR? I don't think they have one out yet cause of the lock out thing on the shifter for reverse. I don't think anybody makes one but i just wanted to see if any of you guys have actually seen one. Let me know, thanks.
Will
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2005, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
No, there isn't one because of the reverse lockout ring. However, Works just finished development of one and has a customer car testing their prototype as we speak. If it works well, then they will go into production. Unfortunately, Works products are usually way overpriced, so with this being a hot item that all of us want and them having a monopoly on it, I expect it to be quite expensive.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well at least there is a company out there that is trying to make one, even if it turns out to be expensive. As long as the shifter works i bet they will end up selling it for $300 or more. I remember the B&M short shifter on my DSM was awesome and cost $150. I'll probably just wait till another company that comes out with one the same as Work's or wait till Work's lowers the price on theirs. Hopefully another company comes out with one soon and its not just Work's getting everyone's business and charging ridiculous prices. Thanks for the info.
Will

Old 01-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

WORKS has one out for the MR. check the Motorsports forum on Evom.
The only problem is that it is only done in-house at the WORKS facility. so if you need more info about that, I'd suggest calling WORKS about it.

I have their short shifter on my 04 Evo and it is a very good product and I would recommend it.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Timeslip: 12.5 @ 111.28
Dynosheet: 334whp/312 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
Works will do the install of the short shifter for $199 at their place in San Francisco. I did not ask when or if they would be shipping them.

I agree Works stuff is way expensive...but the fit and finish is second to none. You get what you pay for is the easiest way to explain it. :thumb
Old 02-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpkr
I agree Works stuff is way expensive...but the fit and finish is second to none. You get what you pay for is the easiest way to explain it. :thumb
That's just a quote people use to justify overspending. With Works, you pay for much more than you get. Yes, they make high quality stuff, but the performance gains aren't worth the price.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Timeslip: 12.5 @ 111.28
Dynosheet: 334whp/312 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's just a quote people use to justify overspending. With Works, you pay for much more than you get. Yes, they make high quality stuff, but the performance gains aren't worth the price.

I can see your point there. But, I can bet you will never see a thread about poor fitment, poor quality or poor service like you do about other products. The Works stuff fits and you don't have to use spacers or any other stuff to make it fit perfect.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpkr
I can see your point there. But, I can bet you will never see a thread about poor fitment, poor quality or poor service like you do about other products. The Works stuff fits and you don't have to use spacers or any other stuff to make it fit perfect.
Yes, but your wallet will be empty, and your car will still be slow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement