Snapping Axels? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Snapping Axels?

Alright, well first off im new to the EVO as i just came from driving an 07 MKV GTI. So, i found an EVO, at Courtesy Mitsubishi in So.Attelboro, an 06 EVO iX SE with
11k miles, and when iw ent and looked at it, i saw some mods, didnt look like anything major, as i said.. i wasnt too firmiliar with it. So we worked out financials and i ended up getting the car. So i took it home and long story short, i have these for a list of mods
Medallion Racing exhaust (i believe its catback)
Voltage meeter
Parron Front mount
injen intake
injen intercooler piping (upper and lower)
wrapped downpipe (not sure if its stock or not, but i dont see the point in wrapping a stock dp)
Manual Boost controller (but no boost gauge )
(found out after i brought it back):
a different compressor housing
tuned/flashed

So i take it home, its all well and good but the second day i have it, i throw a CEL . so i use my friends code reader and it says i have a clogged EGR. so i make an appointment with courtesy and i bring my car down there. I talk to the guy who worked on my car for weeeeeks "tuning" it because i guess as it turns out, (now my car) was repod' and sold at an auction, and the previous owner (from NJ) just put on parta and never tuned it or anything. so the guy who said he "tuned it" said i have 397 HP to the wheels at 6200 RPMs with 33 lbs of boost.
So as of right now im afraid to launch my car (yes it has launch controll , bouncing at 6k)

TL;DR- i bought an EVO iX SE from courtesy mitsu and turn out, its been tuned and ecu flashed with alot of mods, saying i have 397 Hp at 6200 RPMs with 33lbs.

can i launch my car??SHOULD i launch my car? :-/
i dont want to break axels or differentials
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 06:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

thanks for the help
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: New England
Hey bro. How have you not seen that this forum is dead and taken over by spammers? Do you think they are going to help you?

Advertisement