Warrtalon transmission? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Warrtalon transmission?

Hey Warr,

Just wondering if you have any kind of update on your transmission. Are you driving around skipping 4th? Is it out of the car being re-built? What is the status of the aperatus?

Do you have plans to install an aftermarket transmission oil cooler to prevent this from happening again?

Keith
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I didn't drive it after I got home from the track. Oh wait, I did drive it to the shop a week later. My local shop removed it, then I shipped it to Shep last Tuesday. Unfortunately, he hasn't called me yet, so I don't know if it's arrived or not, but I am pretty sure it hasn't been taken apart. He will call me when he has it apart and can give me an assessment of the damage along with recommendations. I do plan to run a tranny cooler, but I'm not sure if it's something he'll do for me or something VIPGarage will have to do. I'll know after Shep calls. I guess I will call tomorrow, since it's been 10 days since it shipped. I was just trying to stay out of his hair, since he's so busy.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What are you driving in the mean time?

For a tranns cooler I would just get connectors that bolt into the drain and fill plugs along with an electric fluid pump, and heat exchanger. I am not sure how hard it would be to get connectors like that though. You could set the pump up on a thremostatic switch tapped into the bottom of the trans to save wear and tear on the pump as well as not "over cooling" the trans fluid during winter driving, or you could have a thermostatic valve to bypass the cooler durring cold weather.

Keith
Offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Wife and I work for the same company in the same building, so we just commute.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement