yep another cluth questoin, need a little help - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Midwest
yep another cluth questoin, need a little help

first i will say i made teh mistake of letting a friend drive my car and the dummy glazed my clutch

i have looked on this web sight through pages and pages of forms to see what clutches are good not good. my evo is 100% stock (dont even have window tints)

it seams like the ACT heavy duty street clutch would work well but are there any that will work well enough and last a while that will not cost an arm and a leg?

i can always upgrade later, from what i have read most like the exedy twin plate. i doubt i will ever get to that much power.

future plans include blow off valve (sense i have an evo8), AEM tru-boost and run 21psi (unless someone has better ideas), i know a cat-back helped on past cars not sure if 2.5 or 3 would be better and dont know what brands work well on evo without sounding raspy and nasty (open to any and all ideas)

i wont want to have to worry about changing out my clutch every 2 oil changes but as you can see i would like a little more power. this is a daily driver. again, i am open to ideas and thanks for looking/ your help
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

so i have done more research and found out that with the mods i want to do i will end up around 300+ whp and im not sure that, the ACT street cluth will hold that. so what are recomendations with out spending close to 2K ?

revised list of moods, but still open to ideas

AEM tru boost $250-$300
Or Auto Meter Cobolt boost gauge $55+-andPlus Force UNOS boost controller $91
Synchronic BOV $200+-
Walbro Fuel Pump 255LPH $90+-
Flashing cable $90 (unless find used)
Tune $15-$50
Megan Catback 3” (maybe) $400+-
Megan Down pipe $150+-
Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
my OEM clutch lasted to 85k with similar mods. over 40 launches and i dont drive easy. who is tuning your car for $15-$50 thats pretty damn good but you better make sure its not some cheap ass basemap. mod list for most basic bolt on evos are

boost gauge
EVO 9 BOV
TBE
intake
MBC
Fuel pump
Tune
IC pipes
FMIC
cams
custom tune

good luck

Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

i was looking around on the EcuFlash Setup Instructions and Tutorial and there was a sight that had some tunes on it already or send 50 to DynoFlash and they will e-mail you one. i may have miss read it though.
thanks for the info on the OEM clutch. i will have to look at that as an option

i know i read that the OEM intake was good up to like 400hp just dont remember if that was with holes cut out or not. i looked at the power band on dyno for K&N and it made some gains in some areas but made dips in other places. the stoke was much smother power band.

why the ICpipes? havent read anything about why on that. makes it able to run more boost?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
do not get a dynoflash......its not worth the $50 imo. unless you are getting a custom tune on a dyno with afr from al. the base flashes are very lacking. do not use someone elses tune, get your car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. that will make the biggest difference. The OEM air box is great from the factory with no holes. i'm not sure what hp numbers your looking at overall but get a clutch that will handle it. also IC pipes do add a little power but mainly your IC pipes, the black spongy piping will expand under boost so the boost pressure is fluctuate. if its a solid pipe it cant flex and it will direct all the charged air into your mani fold. think of it a more direct way to get constant pressure. also most lower IC pipes are bigger then stock adding more flow to the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement