Are there even Evos in Canada? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Canada EVO Club
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Canada EVO Club Yukon, NW, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Toronto, Montreal, etc.
Connect with other local EVO owners, discuss topics specific to your area, and plan/organize meets, track days, and other gatherings.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Are there even Evos in Canada?

Just curious about this since I'm a Canadian (from Manitoba/BC) living abroad who has an Evo IX.

I live in Dubai but have been thinking of packing up and bringing the car back with me if/when I ever decide to repatriate myself.

My dad had a Miata and when he asked about importing it the verdict was that it was next to impossible to do so due to regulations, regulations etc. etc. And that's knowing that Miatas are already imported into Canada!

So I figured having an Evo Canuck-side would be next to impossible - heck, they never even imported Evos officially until the Evo X right?

So I'm kindof surprised to hear of there being Evos in Canada and am wondering how you guys got them there- I'd love to try the same thing!

Having my Evo back home would be a dream - especially since the roads in Canada have so much more variety than Dubai (at least in BC)

Interested to hear people's feedback, thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Laws have changed in Canada , and you now can bring an Evo over, or buy the new 08 .
Old 11-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Adminstrator

Club Region: Eastern Canada
You can bring over whatever EVO you want, I have seen lots of nice ones here in Toronto. Of course I used to do the Import inspections, I have seen all kinds of sick cars coming through that you wouldn't expect.

Nadeem

Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Exellent news - I'd love to bring my 2006 Evo IX over with me from Dubai...highly modded but nothing OTT that should prevent it from passing an street legality inspection.

Good to know there's at least a chance - I think the car would love some twisty BC roads
Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car:
yes, there are
Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

I see quite a few in Toronto.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasallejai View Post
I see quite a few in Toronto.
There are lots of nice cars here in Toronto, you are right. I have seen quite a few as well.

Nadeem
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I haven't seen any EVO's in Ottawa, yet I'm told there are some...another dealership in town apparently sold the red EVO that I had been waiting around for...I decided not to wait for it and I bought my phantom black one instead. So in Ottawa, there is me and maybe one other...am I right???
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Adminstrator

There are lots of them here. Another from Eastern Canada here: https://www.evotuners.net/forums/f46/...-drivers-4076/. Are they really that rare in Ottawa? That is surprising to me considering the amount of money out there.

Nadeem
Old 10-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I've just heard that there are a few other EVOs around, but still not many...I met a guy last week who owns a red EVO X MR identical to my black one (that's the first other EVO I've seen "in person"). He tells me that there are two other red ones, and one other blue one and then my black one in town...that's all he knows of so that makes "5" in Ottawa. Lots of basic Lancers/GT's and Ralliarts.
No money here in Ottawa...probably more EVO's in Alberta, as there is more $'s there...I would have loved to save the PST on this car if I could have bought in Alberta!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Western Canada
importing

Check the import laws. It IS possible to import a US model EVO to Canada... But.. since you are in DUBAI, you CANNOT from what I know of importing JDM vehicles bring it in . The only way around it is if the vehicle is over 15 years old. Again, check with riv canada.. but I think you are out of luck
Jeff
Old 08-14-2010, 04:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I hear /read talk of people from canada alwasy coming down and picking up evo VIII-X's from the states and bringing them back. It is def worth looking into. JDM cars to come into canada and the states has also changed. If you dig hard enough you will find the correct answers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement