Tpms - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Canada EVO Club
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Canada EVO Club Yukon, NW, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Toronto, Montreal, etc.
Connect with other local EVO owners, discuss topics specific to your area, and plan/organize meets, track days, and other gatherings.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Eastern Canada
Tpms

I have decided I'm driving my new EVO 08 MR this winter instead of storing it...AWD, beautiful car that will liven up the streets of snowy Ottawa (I've have it rust proofed, undercoated, and as a back-up I have added the electronic device to prevent rust)...have you seen the Utube videos?...amazing car to winter drive...I'm going to get the most driving value for my $. Anyways, I have found a great deal in Ottawa, Canada, for basic rims/blizzak tires ($1766). I am wondering about the TPMS that they say can be added for $200. I called my Mitsubishi dealership today and they don't have a clue on whether adding any TPMS to these new rims will actually work on the EVO 08 MR. Does anyone know if these TPMS will work, or what I would need to do to get them to work?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 04:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I know a lot of people swap the sensors from there wheels to there new wheels and they work but I think they would have to be mitsu sensors.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I called my Mitsubishi dealership and they had no idea if the sensors will work for sure but said they don't know why they wouldn't...they say that they may or may not need to be calibrated...cost is $57 for calibration which isn't too bad if it has to happen. My tires/rims/sensors will arrive tonight.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
awesome man good luck with it! post up some pics!

Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

I know that i had bought some used MSR wheels, some nice, black chrome rims. When i went to swap the rubber from the stock GTS rims, they took the Sensors from the stockers put em in the new wheels, and it worked just fine. Didnt even need to recalibrate them. But i swapped the tires from the stock, so i did not change size or style of tire. Im assuming that as long as your blizzaks are the same size as the stock dunlops, you should be fine. But if your changing size, there may be the possibility that you might have to recalibrate them at the Mitsu dealer. Dont go out and buy another set of sensors. Ive heard they are pretty costly. It would have been nice if mitsu factory made a setting that would bypass TPMS all together and then you could install any wheel tire combo you wanted.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I wasn't able to get any answers from Mitsu. I went ahead and bought an entire new set of tires/rims with TPMS sensors. The new sensors were only $200, and I'm hoping they will work. I'm told they may work without calibration, and apparently there are "3" TPMS sensors that are universal...I hope I got one of them but no one knows. Worse come to worse, I may be out $200, although I may be able to return them if they don't work. Mitsu said that I may have to get each set recalibrated each time I swap back (winters to summers), so that's twice a year...if that's the case, I will just go without cause I won't pay a price to know if my tires are low...I'll just get out and check them myself. Don't know why in this day and age when we can put a man on the moon, that two sensors can't be registering on the same brain. I'll let you all know in a month what happens.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

The TPMS did not work...waste of money. Mitsubishi appears to ensure you need to spend $'s to calibrate them. Looks like the expensive Bartec tool may be the only way to calibrate other than going to the dealership twice each season and it's costly.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Western Canada
you can buy aftermarket clonal sensors to fit on to your new wheels. It doesn't matter what size the wheels or tires are it only monitors the pressure. Clone able sensors are programmed with the original codes that are in the TPMS ecu. You will have to go to mitsubishi dealer for them to get the numbers out and programs the clone able sensors to your vehicle. That way you don't need to pay twice a year for reprogramming the sensors every time you swap you summer wheels with winter wheels. and you won't have the TPMS light on your dash. I work at a mist dealer in kelowna. We do them all the time and they work great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement