11.72@116.6 stock turbo, pump gas =) - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right
 

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Drag Strip Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drag Strip Tech For sanctioned, legal Drag Racing. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event. No street racing discussions.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Posts: 6
Reputation: OddExtreme is an unknown
[email protected] stock turbo, pump gas =)

The Extreme Evo still with its stock turbo on 93 octane ran [email protected] and [email protected]
A couple more tricks and I think a 50 is possible without nitrous.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-01-2005, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddExtreme
The Extreme Evo still with its stock turbo on 93 octane ran [email protected] and [email protected]
A couple more tricks and I think a 50 is possible without nitrous.
Is this Rob Mc?

When you say that was on pump gas, was that with methanol or just straight up 93oct? Both are very impressive, but to make ~380whp on straight 93 without any alky injection would be an unheard of feat and worthy of note.

Those ETs are awesome for the trap speed, but I'm not surprised. I assume Sean was driving again? Hah, and I thought my 12.1 at 109.5 was good.





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Posts: 6
Reputation: OddExtreme is an unknown
Yes, its me and its Sean, and its Extreme! We're trying out our new Alcohol injection kit, and so far, wow, Its on my Galant as soon I can put it all together, my Talon, Eclipse, Expedition, ...is alchohol addictive?
Offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddExtreme
Yes, its me and its Sean, and its Extreme! We're trying out our new Alcohol injection kit, and so far, wow, Its on my Galant as soon I can put it all together, my Talon, Eclipse, Expedition, ...is alchohol addictive?
Hah, good to hear. This is Clayton, btw, but I hope you gathered that from the Warrtalon (Warr Racing - Talon TSI!!). Let me know how the alky kit works out. I'm kinda stuck at 12.1 due to 4th gear in the MR running out at 110.7 without a flash. Is your MR coming along, or is that all Top Secret? I've never heard or read anything about it, and I assume the 11.6 was done in Sean's daily-driver 5spd, right?

Anyway, great accomplishment again. I might be able to achieve such a thing if I could actually get to 117mph in 4th, but that's only possibly if I shift to 5th, and I don't foresee any 11.6-11.7 ETs after a 5th gear shift unless I'm making substantially more power. Anyway, we'll see...trying for 11.9999 again this Friday in cooler weather despite the gear limitation.





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Posts: 6
Reputation: OddExtreme is an unknown
The MR has been at the body shop...alot longer then expected. We should be at Capitol this Fri. trying out the next round of trial and error. So far the alky kit on the 3 cars we've done has been impressive. Long term I don't know any downsides yet, but initial gains are awesome.
And of course I recognized the old "War signal" Glad to see your keeping up.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Posts: 718
Images: 10
Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Hah, good to hear. This is Clayton, btw, but I hope you gathered that from the Warrtalon (Warr Racing - Talon TSI!!). Let me know how the alky kit works out. I'm kinda stuck at 12.1 due to 4th gear in the MR running out at 110.7 without a flash. Is your MR coming along, or is that all Top Secret? I've never heard or read anything about it, and I assume the 11.6 was done in Sean's daily-driver 5spd, right?

Anyway, great accomplishment again. I might be able to achieve such a thing if I could actually get to 117mph in 4th, but that's only possibly if I shift to 5th, and I don't foresee any 11.6-11.7 ETs after a 5th gear shift unless I'm making substantially more power. Anyway, we'll see...trying for 11.9999 again this Friday in cooler weather despite the gear limitation.

Have you considered going with a taller tire to get more MPH in 4th? That would actually be much more expensive than a through the mail reflash that just raises the rev limit and eliminated fuel cut though.

Keith
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Have you considered going with a taller tire to get more MPH in 4th? That would actually be much more expensive than a through the mail reflash that just raises the rev limit and eliminated fuel cut though.
I've only considered, because many people have mentioned it. I don't plan on doing this unless someone plans on donating random set of taller tires on a separate set of rims. No way am I going to go out and buy a nice set of tall tires and/or put a new set on my BBS rims just to get more mph, you know? It's a sound idea in theory, but not in practice. I would love to see what would happen if someone would give me a set, but that's not likely to happen...





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Posts: 718
Images: 10
Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I've only considered, because many people have mentioned it. I don't plan on doing this unless someone plans on donating random set of taller tires on a separate set of rims. No way am I going to go out and buy a nice set of tall tires and/or put a new set on my BBS rims just to get more mph, you know? It's a sound idea in theory, but not in practice. I would love to see what would happen if someone would give me a set, but that's not likely to happen...
Well, it would be cheaper to get a reflash to raise the rev limiter, and get ride of fuel cut anyway. Do you plan on doing that in the near future?

Keith
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Well, it would be cheaper to get a reflash to raise the rev limiter, and get ride of fuel cut anyway. Do you plan on doing that in the near future?
Only if it's donated. I'm not concerned about fuel cut, which I haven't hit even at 25psi on race gas thanks to the S-AFC, but I would very much like to get the rev limit raised. The problem is that since I don't have cams, the only reason for me to raise the rev limit is just so I can trap 1-2mph higher in 4th. That's not a good enough reason for me to warrant purchasing a flash. If I could convince a flash tuner to donate it in exchange for displaying their name, I would, but I'm not interesting enough to the big vendors yet to get that sort of deal.

I do know that I could also benefit from a flash for street purposes, because with the S-AFC, my timing almost bottoms out due to how the stock maps work, so I end up with weaker torque through the mid-range AND a much lower peak torque than most flashes. I do end up with the same (if not higher) peak HP and then solid, flat torque in the top-end, but it really lacks in the lower-end, which is where most of us drive on a daily basis. Anyway, I kinda like not having to list a "flash" as a mod, since many people don't even believe it's possible to go fast (or hit 11s) without a flash or standalone. Most of us here know better, but it's nice not having to give credit to an outside tuning source...





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Registered: May 2005
Posts: 37
Reputation: DSM95Hybrid is an unknown
I guess you pulled off that donation after all.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM95Hybrid
I guess you pulled off that donation after all.

Yes, I did...and with more to come on Dec 9, to include the new launch control, which I will probably set at 6k.





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Registered: May 2005
Posts: 37
Reputation: DSM95Hybrid is an unknown
Right....

You can't post one endorsement without his past coming back to haunt him.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM95Hybrid
Right....

You can't post one endorsement without his past coming back to haunt him.
?? Did I post an endorsement? What past haunts who in relation to what I said? I'm confused.





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Posts: 718
Images: 10
Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
?? Did I post an endorsement? What past haunts who in relation to what I said? I'm confused.
You are not the only one, you and me, and probably everyone else here including himself!

Keith
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
Registered: May 2005
Posts: 37
Reputation: DSM95Hybrid is an unknown
Threads not limited to evotuners.net.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:04 PM.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2007 AutoForums.com - EVOtuners.net - All Rights Reserved.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.