13.6 bone stock - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Drag Strip Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drag Strip Tech For sanctioned, legal Drag Racing. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event. No street racing discussions.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

13.6 bone stock

Wat are y'allz stock runs and which model and year? I think I did pretty good for a stock evo. I heard most evo's only run 14's. PLus that wasn't my best run because i didn't hav a helmet 2 run 13's. I've thought about launchn hard n da highs..mayb redlinin a bit 2 c if it'd help but i'mma afraid of da consequences. watcha tink? I wonder if i could run a bit quicker wif my slight mods... hit me up!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Stock evo's dont allow you to launch at redline they are limited to 5000 rpm.
Once you engage the clutch, the rev limiter kicks in and you will be limited to 5k at standstill.
If you ever decide to do an ecu flash then you can raise the rev limit over stock setup.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 338whp/371 lb-ft
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
on 03-04 evos there is no 1st gear rev limiter from a standstill. 05-06's have that limiter to protect the drivetrain.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

so what where you launching at? What kind of tires did you have on?
Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

03 and 04 evos don't have a rev limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbtune
Stock evo's dont allow you to launch at redline they are limited to 5000 rpm.
Once you engage the clutch, the rev limiter kicks in and you will be limited to 5k at standstill.
If you ever decide to do an ecu flash then you can raise the rev limit over stock setup.
O yea, my year model evos don't have rev limiters yet. only the newer models would have it. But I think it would be nice to have one during racing just in case.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

my track specs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1320
so what where you launching at? What kind of tires did you have on?
Actually I ran the car bone stock, non stock tires, bought the car used so obviously it had a different set of tires. I believe they were bridgestones, possibly potenzas stock sizes. But hey, I still ran a very respectable time with those tires even tho I didn't have the yokohoma advans. When I ran my evo, I launched around 5k, mid 5k's also. I was thinking about launching higher. Also, I knew i could've done better since i was limited to race agains without a racing helmet on. I could also tell if i could've launched better or not cause usually when you launch good, it'll pick up right away and just GO!!
Old 08-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
That's not bad for an 03, especially without much experience, but no, most Evos do not run 14s. Only the DRIVERS of Evos run 14s. All USDM Evos are capable of 13.3-13.4 or better in stock form. The 03/04s are the slowest, then the 05s are faster, and the 06s are the fastest by far.

I ran [email protected] in my 05 on the very first try with a weak 1.92 60' that was limited by the 5k limiter, which scared the hell out of me. I was trying to launch at 5500-6000 like I always used to do on my Talon, and then I heard this popping that scared me and screwed up my launch. I tried 2 more times but did even worse, so I went home, read up on it, then learned how to disconnect the switch. Next time out I ran [email protected], but I had one mod (SAFC).

In your other thread, you mentioned having a BOV and some other issues. Was this stock run before the problems and mods?

Old 08-25-2006, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Yes, poor driving - too much slipping of the clutch.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

totally bone stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's not bad for an 03, especially without much experience, but no, most Evos do not run 14s. Only the DRIVERS of Evos run 14s. All USDM Evos are capable of 13.3-13.4 or better in stock form. The 03/04s are the slowest, then the 05s are faster, and the 06s are the fastest by far.

I ran [email protected] in my 05 on the very first try with a weak 1.92 60' that was limited by the 5k limiter, which scared the hell out of me. I was trying to launch at 5500-6000 like I always used to do on my Talon, and then I heard this popping that scared me and screwed up my launch. I tried 2 more times but did even worse, so I went home, read up on it, then learned how to disconnect the switch. Next time out I ran [email protected], but I had one mod (SAFC).

In your other thread, you mentioned having a BOV and some other issues. Was this stock run before the problems and mods?
yea, i ran my car totally bone stock just the way I bought it with no mods at all. Now that I have slight mods onto the evo, i'm not sure if i'll be running faster. bsides I have no name brand tires on and who kno's what i'd run? haha hit me up with any pointers or ideals..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement