Any tips for a rookie? - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Drag Strip Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drag Strip Tech For sanctioned, legal Drag Racing. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event. No street racing discussions.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: SoCal
Angry

yangs4ever4g63 It seems like this is one of the first cars youve ever moded good luck and hope you learn your stuff. The blowoff valve you have is the right one for the mods you have now and maybe later to because your car can bee plenty fast with the stock turbo and other supporting mods. The blowoff valve is realy easy to install but it dose happen if you are a newbie when doing your own mods, it can be installed backwards, but you will notice its installed backward because it will do a weird flutering noise from the air hitting your turbo fins and will cause your car to stall and turn off sometimes. As long as you installed the closed side of the blowoff valve on the intercooler pipe and titened the clamps good you should be ok.

I would say tires dont matter as much as a front or rear wheel drive cars but it would help out a good amount. The tires should at least be in good shape they shouldnt be bold in other words. Based on personal opinion I would say get a good set of tires at least when you are making prity good power and by this I mean about 300 whp, it dont sound like much but its good enough to spin the tires if you launch to high. I am telling you from personal experience because when I launched my car to high about 5,500 they would spin so I had to launch at about 4800 and was hiting a 1.7 60 ft. Tires are not a must but can be helpfull.

Do not dump the clutch besides breaking your tranny and differential it wont make you faster because most likely your car will bog and slow you down learn how to flutter the gas between 5000-55000 rpm and slip the clutch out, but dont burn the clutch to much just slide it out and when you feel it grab lete it go, this should be done prity quickly, learn your car and if you feel you are launching to high do it at a lower rpm.

I dont know what you mean your car ticks and whines but that might be normal because when the turbo sucks air especialy if you have an intake it can be heard. I would not recomend a suspention kit for your car unless you get a full upgrade and thats prity pricy, evos come with very good suspention maybe better than what you are doing to it, sure it may look good dropped but it will do you no good, it might handle worse, if you do upgrade the suspention do a full upgrade not just springs. When you mod your car do things because they help your performance dont base it on looks and sound.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement