EVO competitors? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Drag Strip Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drag Strip Tech For sanctioned, legal Drag Racing. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event. No street racing discussions.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question EVO competitors?

Hey guys Im planning on taking my car out to Fontana for some base runs as soon as my break-in period is done and over with. Since i'm new to the Evo (but not new to AWD turbos since I own a Tsi AWD) what would you guys consider some fare competition in the 1/4 mile? I would like a challenge, not just some easy matches. I kinda wanted to know ahead of time so I know who to line up with when I'm there.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
STi, 6.0 GTO, C5 Z06, C6 coupe, current 300HP Mustang GT. There are others, but those are ones you're likely to see at the strip that can hang with you, but it still comes down to driver. A stock IX can run 12.8-12.9 in good weather with good driving, but Fontana isn't known for being fast, and you only have 91oct. It should be cool weather at this time of year, but if it's hot for some reason, that will limit you, too. I can't remember for sure, but if it's at elevation, that also will slow you down. The good thing is that any conditions that slow you down will slow everyone else down, too, so focus mainly on how you do relative to other cars there that day as opposed to comparing with other Evos around the country.

I went [email protected] on my first run in the 05 before I knew how to disconnect the 5k limiter - I only had a 1.92 60'. Next time out, I ran a [email protected] with a 1.76 60' (disconnected the launch limiter), but I had a self-tuned SAFC, so I can't claim it was stock.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

sounds like a good bunch of competitors. Should be interesting. As far as disconnecting the 5k limiter, did you do that with ECUFlash or can it be done without it?

Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

There was no EcuFlash back then 2 years ago - it's just a basic white connector under the dash that you can disconnect, which disengages the launch limiter. There's 3 under the dash - the first one is the starter clutch switch that many of us did in our DSMs (you can remove this so that you don't have to clutch-in to start the car), the 2nd is for cruise control that obviously isn't on our cars, and the 3rd at the top is for the launch limiter.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

how do u feel about disengaging the clutch at start-up? I've done that with my Talon and Eclipse before that but I was a little worried about doing it to the Evo. Any pics of where these wires are at?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've disconnected the clutch switch since day one, because I hate having to depress the clutch just to start the car. You have to get out of the habit of leaving the car in gear, or if you do leave it in gear, take it out of gear before turning the key. I often times need to turn the car on from outside the car, so I prefer it this way.

I don't have pics, but once you get under there, you'll see the stuff. Just remember that the launch limiter switch is not immediately visible. You have to look way up under there right at above the fuse box. You can also remove the panel on the dash by your left knee with the HID dimmer switch (if you have HIDs).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement