TUNED! Need your thoughts... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Drag Strip Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drag Strip Tech For sanctioned, legal Drag Racing. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event. No street racing discussions.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

TUNED! Need your thoughts...

Hey whatsup everyone! Recently I just got tuned for my current mods...
*mbc{23psi}
*fuel pump
*Buschur Tbe
*cone filter

Final results are 290awhp/280awtq..

My assumptions in a 1/4 mile would be low 13's or high 12's @ 105mph. What are your thoughts and from experience, what can I achieve?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
What dyno type, and what was the correction factor?

If it's 290whp uncorrected on a Dynojet, then you should probably trap 107-108, which can be anywhere from 12.4-13.0 depending on your driving. I hit 12.64 with around 280whp on a Dynojet.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

yea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
What dyno type, and what was the correction factor?

If it's 290whp uncorrected on a Dynojet, then you should probably trap 107-108, which can be anywhere from 12.4-13.0 depending on your driving. I hit 12.64 with around 280whp on a Dynojet.
Tuned by TOPSPEED on a DynoJet; I don't know about the correction factor. All my tuner mentioned was that my redline was now @ 7.8k and to not shift after 7k if racing @ the dragstrip. Cold air, lower the boost, hot air, raise the boost to appropiate level. He said everything was running just right{smoothly}. For some reason the check engine light came back on the next day though. I should've gotten a o2 housing and some minor mods so I can make 300whp!! What do you foresee on my attempts @ the dragstrip tomorrow night..

Old 06-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's probably a 401 code for the exhaust - get it checked for free at Autozone or something. If so, you can fix it easily (let me know).

Yeah, I know Topspeed, so you should trap around 108 depending on the weight of the car and whether or not you botch the run. He's right that you should shift at 7k for each shift and then keep it in 4th through the finish line.

I foresee a 12.9 @ 106.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
It's probably a 401 code for the exhaust - get it checked for free at Autozone or something. If so, you can fix it easily (let me know).

Yeah, I know Topspeed, so you should trap around 108 depending on the weight of the car and whether or not you botch the run. He's right that you should shift at 7k for each shift and then keep it in 4th through the finish line.

I foresee a 12.9 @ 106.
12.9 would be hard to obtain since I've been having a hard time getting off the line right trying to slip it right. I'll try my best to get a good 60ft tomorrow and see what the outcome is. 106 trap speed is a great improvement from my stock 99-101mph's. I'll try and get the code checked out to see what it is and I'll let you know. Any other advice you'd like to offer would be awesome. Thanks

P.S I was planning on running with my exhaust on to see what it does. Might run Open DP since I'll know it will perform better. But since It isn't good running open dp daily driven..I think it makes more sense to just run it like it is now.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Don't bother. You have a lot to learn before worrying about disconnecting your exhaust.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

update

13.2 @ 105mph
60ft = 1.8
Weather = 60-70 degrees

My trap speed was 105 every single time I ran no matter bad or run. The power seems consistent which is great.

I could've done better..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement