Well, I went to Fontana today... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Drag Strip Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drag Strip Tech For sanctioned, legal Drag Racing. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event. No street racing discussions.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well, I went to Fontana today...

I went to Fontana today and I learned...

that I suck at launching.
It was my first time going to a 1/4 mile track if that's any kind of excuse. It was pretty busy and I only got in two passes before I had to go to work, but I had a great time. Thanks to Alfred and Jennifer of Tuning Technologies for giving me a spot in their shade and food. A big thanks to Paul for his tips and pointers.
My first run was an embarrassment to the Evo community and I'm going to try and forget it happened (bogged bad).
The second run was better; 13.098 @ 106.99. I really need to practice launching because my 60' time was 2.046. I was told that if I cut that down and I'm in the 12's all day. I need practice, practice, practice, but I had fun.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2006, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Hey turbo larry dont worry you will get the hang of it and will be able to hit 1.7 60 fts once you learn your car. Thats how I was the first 3 runs last weekend at pomona hiting 2.0 60 ft's but once I got it down I was hiting 1.7. If you would have cut that down to a 1.7 60 ft you would have been at least a 12.7 or 12.8 all day maybe faster with good shifting. Thats funy because my trap speeds are about the same as you about 107 which leads me to believe I must shift slower than you, lol need to work on my shifting because my best run was a 12.9 I know I could have ran a 12.8 on one of the runs but my 60 ft was a 1.8 instead of my other 2 1.7 60 ft's.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

When you called me to tell me you were going to the track I swear my heart almost popped out of my chest. All I could think about was that poor new clutch, I dont want to do that again. Im glad it worked out well for you larry. Sometime when your over Ill give you a ride in the 2g and show you some awd launches.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomrguy
... All I could think about was that poor new clutch, I dont want to do that again.

That's what I got it for. Looking back and tearing down that second time, it's not that bad.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Not so easy, eh, Larry? You do get better with practice, so don't sweat it, and you definitely would have had 12s all day with even a decent launch (1.8-1.9). You probably have a lot more in the car, too, so you may gain more than just ET from 60' - you may also see a trap speed increase that compounds your ET increase once you get a solid beginning-to-end run.

You probably forgot all my previous numbers from my first trip until the most recent, so here are a few times to give you an idea of what your Evo is capable of down the road:

Stock - [email protected] 1.92 60' (93oct, 500', 70*)
Stock w/SAFC - [email protected] 1.76 60' (93oct, 300', 60*)
Many mods and 200 runs later:
[email protected] 1.72 60' (93+alky, 5800', 55*)

I don't make jack for power up here, but if you look at the ET vs MPH, it shows you how far you can go even if you only are trapping 106-107.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement