Which Added Accessories? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Evolution X > Evo X Discussion
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evo X Discussion General Discussion about the Mitsubishi Evo X

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Which Added Accessories?

Looking to buy an MR Touring.

Was unsure what added accessories to include and wanted to gauge everyone's opinion on what was valuable to add-in.

Any advice for a n00b like me regarding what I should package in and what I should leave for future modification? What is worthwhile to consider when buying the LanEvo?

Thanks, your opinions are highly valued!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
why exactly are you buying the MR and what is your goal with the car? stock? mild bolt ons? track monster? big turbo?

What add-ons are you considering?

Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

After doing research I concluded that it would be the car that I would have the most fun with. I was looking for an AWD car to battle the changing conditions of the NE, but at 25, wanted to make sure that my purchase was going to be a worthwhile one. I always wanted a LanEvo, and it appears as if the X lives up to its name in my eyes.

Obviously some accessories are just bogus, but as a person who knows very little about modifying, and does not plan on creating a monster, I just wanted to make sure I could maximize stock performance for now, while still staying practical. For example, are things like air dams even worth it? Do any of these accessories that come with the Evo even effect performance? If so which one's? If not, that's all I need to hear.

I want to someday get into modifying it once I stabilize my life, but for now I am just meeting my need for an AWD car, and desire to have fun when I am on the road. Right now my priority is just understanding what my final product will be. Once I have it I will dedicate to doing work on it, but to answer your question, not planning to race or create a street monster. Maybe just considering subtle aesthetic mods, and few performance tweaks.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
most stuff you can purchase from the dealer that is a accessory is not performance related unless its aerodynamics. I am going for the best of both worlds. I will be buying a evo X GSR with SSS and AERO kit more for looks and comfort.......even though i'm just going to strip it down and make it a track/street beast. Just get the stock car reflashed and you will be happy with it until you want some real power, then do all the basic bolt-ons.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
most stuff you can purchase from the dealer that is a accessory is not performance related unless its aerodynamics. I am going for the best of both worlds. I will be buying a evo X GSR with SSS and AERO kit more for looks and comfort.......even though i'm just going to strip it down and make it a track/street beast. Just get the stock car reflashed and you will be happy with it until you want some real power, then do all the basic bolt-ons.
Thanks for the info

Car Sponsorship
Sponsored Links
Advertisement