Evolution X Information
In 2005, Mitsubishi introduced a concept version of the next-gen Evolution at the 39th Tokyo Motor Show named the Concept-X.
Mitsubishi unveiled a second concept car, the Prototype-X, at the 2007 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
The Lancer Evolution X sedan will feature a newly designed 4B11T 2.0 L turbocharged, all-aluminum Straight-4 engine. Power and torque depend on the market (North American version: 291 hp (217 kW) and 300 lbf·ft, Japanese version: 291 hp (217 kW) and 300 lbf·ft, UK version: 276 bhp at 6500 rpm, 311 lbf·ft at 3500 rpm).
The car has also a new full-time four-wheel drive system named S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control), an advanced version of Mitsubishi's AWC system used in previous generations. The S-AWC uses torque vectoring technology to send different amount of torque to any wheel at any given time.
It also features Mitsubishi's new sequential semi-automatic six speed Twin Clutch SST twin-clutch transmission with steering-mounted magnesium alloy shift paddles. A 5-speed manual gearbox will also be available. Mitsubishi claims that the 5 speed manual transmission has always been preferred in rallying and should be very refined, resulting in a more satisfying drive. New Lancer Evolution will incorporate Mitsubishi's next generation RISE safety body.
The production version of Prototype-X has begun production in Autumn 2007. The Evolution X went on sale October 1, 2007 in Japan and will go on sale in January 2008 in the U.S.A., February in Canada (will be the first version of Evolution in Canada) and in March 2008 in the UK. UK Pricing will be officially announced on December 14th 2007 and the car is expected to range between £30,000 and £40,000. Twin Clutch SST version will be available in Japan in November 2007.
The engine is the 4B11-type 2.0 litre inline-4 turbo, derived from the World Engine in Lancer. Engine is rated 422 Nm (43.0 kg-m)@3500 rpm. Aluminum is used in the roof panel, front fenders and the rear spoiler frame structure.
* RS - 5 speed manual transmission. 18-inch tires. Driver dual-stage airbag. Standard Engine immobilizer.
* GSR - Standard rear spoiler. 5 speed manual or 6-speed Twin Clutch SST transmission (magnesium paddle shifters on SST model).
245/40R18 tire on Enkei 12-spoke high-rigidity cast alloy wheels or optional BBS lightweight alloy wheels. Brembo ventilated disc brakes. Standard S-AWC 4WD system. Driver and front passenger dual-stage airbag. Standard. Engine immobilizer with security alarm. Optional Mitsubishi Motors Communication System (MMCS) which comprises a 30Gb hard disk drive audio/navigation system with 7-inch (180 mm) LCD screen. Optional Rockford Fosgate premium sound system. Optional keyless remote entry.
GSR can be fitted with following packages:
* High Performance Package - Bilstein single tube shock absorbers and Eibach coil springs, brembo 2-piece disc brakes, high performance tires with stiffer walls and better grip.
* Stylish Exterior Package - Chrome finish for the front grille lattice and beltline molding, body color-keyed fender vents, adds fog lamps.
* Leather Combination Interior -
* Premium Package - All 3 above packages plus 18-inch (460 mm) BBS lightweight alloy wheels.