Forget the looks, will it perform? - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Evolution X > Evo X Discussion
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evo X Discussion General Discussion about the Mitsubishi Evo X

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

you have the option of a 6 speed automatic transmission or a 6 speed manual transmission. The new motor the 4B11T is to me a dissapointment with the rear mounted turbo setup. The car to me is to luxury and not enough sport performance. So to me yes this car will attract many different markets because of its optionability but to me you built a car for tuning and track why change it to something your mother is going to want to drive!??? You will somewhat understand why they went this way if you look up the finance reports about Mitsubishi Motor Company USA and how they were given 2 years to make up their loses or the US Car division will be pulled out of the US and from the latest reports they are doing very well and with the release of the 10 it will attract more people and hopefully hit a homerun for Mitsubishi, as for me I'm not a fan I'm a believe in a car with a motor and a place to sit end it there!!-JOEYD
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2007, 06:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
I just saw one of the new Lancers (not EVO) at the dealership yesterday.

My friends Mazda Speed6 looks bigger and badder then the new Lancer

They are a little smaller than I expected. From all the pics of the EVO X, it seemed that it
was a little larger of a car.

I know Mitsu talked about trying to make the all the Lancers closer in appearance from the base to the Evo, but I hope the body of the EVO looks nothing like the base model, very boring, even with the side skirts and front lip.

Also while I was there and thinking of the new motor, it hit me, if you think of the EVO 8 & 9 as being the 1G in the states and the EVO X as the 2G, are we going to be doing 1G motor swaps into the 2G, like the popular thing to do in DSM's???

Dennis
Old 04-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Timeslip: 12.8 @ 109
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
Lol yea. I looked at the new lancer today, and its look is almost like mazda6, only smaller. But interior looks much nicer than old lancer, more like a family car, I like that! Not shure what they going to do with new evo x, but the look shouldnt be much of a differents! So I geuss we stock with 2G for now.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

the new lancers kinda look like audis in the front atleast. just my .02 but i dont like them. the guys at the dearlership kept telling me when i boughgt mine to wait for the new 'concept X' and i was like uhhhhhh no thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement