Let's talk Evo X - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Evolution X > Evo X Discussion
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evo X Discussion General Discussion about the Mitsubishi Evo X

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Let's talk Evo X

Just to get this new forum going, I'm posting a couple shots of the new Evo X that was on display at MOD 06. We know the new Evo will be potent, but it will likely also have some new features that may push some of the purists away (paddle shifter). Let's get the discussion rolling on the new platform.

Personally I'm not big on the new look, but I usually always take a while to warm up to new designs, especially Mitsu designs. I'm really hoping the performance and potential of the new Evo live up to the current platform and those of past models.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I definitely like how it looks, and I'm ok with newfangled changes as long as they work and don't cause malfunctions/problems. My concern is having something new like paddle shifting, then taking it out to use it for its purpose (racing) only to break something that is a manufacturer's defect and being denied warranty coverage based on the racing or modding. This is very likely to happen with the new stuff on the X, so I may wait a year before getting one. The MR would be paid off by then and be a race car, so maybe I can get a X and just use it for daily enjoyment.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm liking the pissed of headlight and tailight combination. The diffuser in the back is cool but I have never been a big fan of dual tips. Not to sure how much of the concept is going to figure into the production version. The big worry is that the Evolution is going after the BMW M3 camp in a more upscale direction hence the paddle shifters. Hopefully it won't end up like the eclipse.
Offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06evors
I'm liking the pissed of headlight and tailight combination. The diffuser in the back is cool but I have never been a big fan of dual tips. Not to sure how much of the concept is going to figure into the production version. The big worry is that the Evolution is going after the BMW M3 camp in a more upscale direction hence the paddle shifters. Hopefully it won't end up like the eclipse.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. You know what though, the M3 isn't a bad car to compete with. But BMW owns that space. I'm wondering if Mitsu is biting off more than they can chew. Those considering an M3 probably won't go for a EVO X, and yet, those who love the EVO might be turned off by the luxury aspect since the car is more of a 4-door pure sports car right now. We don't need leather and heated seats if it adds weight

Old 08-31-2006, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 338whp/371 lb-ft
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
i also like the new look. it took a while for it to grow on me, but it looks a lot more slippery, not like the winged bricks we have. i liked how the intercooler was blacked out. news has it that the lowly ralliart model is gonna be awd turbo to compete with the wrx. while not being as radical as the evo. Mayhaps a 4g63? just wishful thinking
Old 09-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Looks all right. Not that the VIII and IX are "wow" cars. It's all going to be up to performance. I'm affraid of the aluminum block and not being able to turn up the boost.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah my main concern was there decision to go with an aluminum block. I want something that can withstand a pounding day in and day out and an aluminum block doesnt generally work out so well. As far as looks go, its cool, not that it really matters. I would buy a g35 or something of that nature if I was in it for the looks. As long as it doesnt scare the ladies away Im ok with it. Im really only concerned with how fast it is, and how well it handles, and the potential it has to greatly increase those properties.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I don't like the look at all. It looks like a 4 door hatch back with the rear of the roof being curved so low, and twin tail pipes on a 4 banger is just retarded. I hate the idea of an aluminum engine instead of the tried and true 4g63, but I can see the new engine growing on me if it turns out to be durable. After all, a factory aluminum engine doesn't have to be weak.... look at the LS1 and up GM motors.

Keith
Old 09-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

I want to know more about this "paddle shifting" what the hell is that.
No more 5spd or 6spd manual? forget it....................
Old 09-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

I can't wait to get one...I just hope the price isn't to high!... or no one is going to get one!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEX
...I just hope the price isn't to high!
It'll be up there.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

I don't like it at all. I love the IX. I'm afraid that by the time I get enough for a down payment (December) they won't be available anymore, unless someone knows something I don't and can give me some faith.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

I highly doubt that every single Evo in the country will be sold by December. There's some places with loads of them on the lots.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thats true, but most if not all of the dealerships around me are really small, and the Evo is an order-only item for them.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Then don't buy it locally...(ta-da!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement