Mitsubishi Lancer Concept X - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Evolution X > Evo X Discussion
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evo X Discussion General Discussion about the Mitsubishi Evo X

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Timeslip: 12.8 @ 109
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
Mitsubishi Lancer Concept X

Lets say Hello to a new Evolution X and say Goodbye to 4G63

Mitsubishi Evolution X

It's powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder DOHC MIVEC intercooler-turbocharged engine that delivers instant response at all engine speeds with flat torque that keeps pulling up to the red line. MITSUBISHI Evo-X uses a clutchless 6-speed auto-manual transmission that realizes slicker shifting and higher transmission efficiency than a regular manual gearbox.

Paddle shifters mounted on the steering column allow the driver to concentrate on his steering better and enable drivers of all abilities to experience the satisfying pleasure of sport driving.

Also have Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC) vehicle dynamics control technology. A further step up the evolutionary ladder of Mitsubishi Motors four-wheel drive traction and handling technology well proven in the Lancer Evolution and other series, S-AWC realizes cutting-edge levels of vehicle dynamics control. Based on Mitsubishi's full-time 4WD system, as used in Lancer Evolution, that is built around ACD*3 and Super AYC*4 component technologies, S-AWC adds Active Brake Control, Active Steering System and Roll Control Suspension technologies to realize a fully integrated system.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful

Can the motor handle 21 psi? That's what I wnat to know.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry

Can the motor handle 21 psi? That's what I wnat to know.
I believe Evo X MIVEC 2.0L engine use a different kind turbo, already running at high boost. They say the engine is 320HP stock.

Take a look at Evolution X aggressive Rally styling...
Under the bonnet is a fresh 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, which will be turbocharged to give a minimum of 320bhp. Flagship machines are expected to boast more than 400bhp, surpassing even the hardest-tuned editions of the Evo IX.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
I sure hope the new Evo is capable - because I kind of like what Subie has cooking for 208:

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14942

(aside from the clear tail lights of course)

Old 10-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Honestly I don't like how the subaru looks. I'm no hater or anything like that but it just looks like to much or to tacky in a way. I said this about the 06 sti but I ate my words when is saw it in person, pictures don't do much for me Overall this is an exciting time because the Evo vs Sti competition just got more interesting with these new subie concepts.

Jared
Old 11-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Here is More info on Evo X:

Design

The team has crafted a form with lines that are purposeful and handsome; a form that symbolizes the New Mitsubishi Motors Design while retaining the spartan performance image that defines the Lancer Evolution series.

Distinguished by its eye-catching oversized grille, the front visage borrows design cues from a jet fighter to hint broadly at the huge quantities of air it draws in and at the car's road-hugging stability. The brand-identifying 3-diamond logo on the leading edge of the engine hood is another distinguishing element of the new-age Evolution design.

The simple and functional layout of the cockpit is put together in a design that encourages the driver to concentrate fully on operating his machine. The design team has spared no effort in developing coloring and lighting that engender a keener competition look to the interior. The black keynote interior color uses silver counterpoints to impart the material look of aluminum and create a more dynamic and athletic looking interior space.

Powertrain

Mitsubishi Concept-X is powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder DOHC MIVEC intercooler-turbocharged engine that delivers instant response at all engine speeds with flat torque that keeps pulling up to the red line. Mitsubishi Concept-X uses a clutchless 6-speed auto-manual transmission that realizes slicker shifting and higher transmission efficiency than a regular manual gearbox. Paddle shifters mounted on the steering column allow the driver to concentrate on his steering better and enable drivers of all abilities to experience the satisfying pleasure of sport driving.

Body and Chassis

The ring-structure frame design realizes a significant increase in body stiffness, while the use of aluminum in the engine hood, trunk lid, fenders, roof and front and rear door panels reduces weight. Reducing weight in the roof and upper parts of the body lowers the center of gravity, while weight reduction in the doors, engine hood, trunk and other peripheral elements reduces the moment of inertia for better steerability. Weight reduction, lowering the center of gravity and reducing the moment of inertia all contribute to better motive performance and better handling.

The suspension features a MacPherson strut at the front and a multi-link arrangement at the rear. Working in concert with Mitsubishi Motors' "Roll Control Suspension" technology, this design delivers very high levels of ride and road holding.

On-board Multi-Media System
The On-Board Multi-Media System complements the interior design in the way it encourages a dialogue between driver and machine. The high-definition LCD monitor provides a real-time display of vehicle and S-AWC operating status while also displaying on-board navigation system maps and DVD audio controls. Rear seat passengers have their own LCD displays at the back of the front seats that allow them to share with the driver driving-related information and to share the fun-to-drive experience.

Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC)

Mitsubishi Concept-X showcases Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC) vehicle dynamics control technology. A further step up the evolutionary ladder of Mitsubishi Motors four-wheel drive traction and handling technology well proven in the Lancer Evolution and other series, S-AWC realizes cutting-edge levels of vehicle dynamics control. Based on Mitsubishi's full-time 4WD system, as used in Lancer Evolution, that is built around ACD*3 and Super AYC*4 component technologies, S-AWC adds Active Brake Control, Active Steering System and Roll Control Suspension technologies to realize a fully integrated system.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

wow. that subie looks like a hatchback.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

More info:
Only Dealer have spec's on upcoming Evolution X 2008. I didnt get all spec's, but I got most importend ones. Lancer Evolution X should comeout at the end of martch, 2007, and with 350BHP and 400TRQ AWD.

Last edited by 05evo; 01-23-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's not very pretty. It looks kinda like a charger but skinnier. They could have designed something a lot better than that. The tail lights don't flow with the body lines at all.. Im glad i got a hold of one before they destroyed it. I hope it hauls ass at least.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

No this is concept X car, Not evo X. But I like this Rally style below
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
The point of "Concept X" was to end up with the Evo X design. They've finished it now, and it looks like garbage - it looks very weak unfortunately.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Unfortunately manufacturers don't listen nearly enough to the enthusiast community that may be the life blood of the model, but rather to the number crunchers and often how they can maximize their return with the least reasonable investment. The only way manu. seem to get the message is when they don't hear the cash registers going cha-ching the way they thought they would. That usually gets their attention and they either make appropriate changes to further the model or it goes away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement