Need Help - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Evolution X > Evo X Discussion
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evo X Discussion General Discussion about the Mitsubishi Evo X

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Need Help

Good afternoon,

I am in the market for a new car and I was walking around a few lots near where I live and there are two evo's near where I live.

Both are 08 models but one is the GSR and the other is the MR.

The MR is an auto with 12K miles and is going for 31000.

The GSR is manual with 23K miles and is going for 27K.

I was wondering would it be best to go with the stick GSR or the auto MR. I have drive stick some in the past and I picked it up quickly. I am not perfect on it but I did not stall out to many times.

Another question would be could I tune the MR with the auto trans or should I go with the GSR and take the $$$ I save and go with it.

Thanks for your time.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
its your call but if you have 31k to spend on a used MR you could buy a new 2010 GSR for a little more......

The question MR or GSR comes up a lot but it depends on what your doing with the car, what your plans for it are and if you commute in it...... then you can start to figure out which one
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

I will be using this car as my DD. At this point I am not exactly sure what I will do with the car. I have never had a "tuner" car. I might like it the way it is but I am not sure.

I see what you are saying about the price of the used vs. the new but the MR does have the navi, sports pck, and tech. pck. I am not sure what last two contain.

Thanks

Airpilk

Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

well if you get a 2010 GSR you get some updated things and bluetooth so that makes up for part of that difference. The MR is a great choice for some mild bolt on parts and a tune, this car will be great for a DD since it is a automatic when you have to sit in pesky traffic. The GSR is great for the person who wants the most out of there car. Someone who wants to add every part and go for bigger HP numbers because the standard tranny can handle more power then the MR's SST once you add all the bolt on parts.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hmm. I am leaning toward a new GSR now. From what you said, and the fact that BOTH cars were sold when I got back to the lot! I was not surprised when this happened because it is near impossible to keep them here near where I live.

It would be nice to have a new Evo!

Aaron
Old 02-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

thats my plan is to pick up a 201 evo x this summer or maybe even the 2011 depending on what updates may or may not have been made. I need a new toy. I got some big plans that will happen fast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement