AFC with 272's? - Page 4 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #46 (permalink)

Well I don't do time attack racing or anything lke that so I'm not worried about that little bit of gain. I'll stick with the stock gears and I'll pick up the CAS gasket and the spare dowels. Where do you suggest I get these parts from?

Also if you can let me know much $ it'll cost to have you do all this. Just PM me if you don't want to quote on a public thread. I really appreciate your looking out for the best intrest of my car, it's nice to have honest input.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #47 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Check with mitsubishiparts.net for those parts or your local Mitsu dealer. Since he gave you the part numbers, it should be easy.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Darwin's, cam gears are not necessary by any means ON MOST EVOS, but again, due to our elevation issues, cam gears CAN be used to our benefit. The problem is you have to know how to use them, and that's where Justin can help...
I agree 100%. I have just the stock gears with my cams and they work just fine. Having gears can allow you to fine tune more...but that depends on what you have Justin do to your car.

Also stay away from HKS gears......Apparently an Evo owner here in Aurora had HKS gears and the gears themselves ground down to a fine point on the teeth of the gears and chewed through his timing belt.....just an FYI. And I spoke directly to the guy it happened to.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement