bucks and no power when warm - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Send a message via AIM to tribalwithstyle Send a message via Yahoo to tribalwithstyle
Question bucks and no power when warm

Now i was in an accident in the snow the other day because my tires r beat but on to the main problam after i crashed it stalled and when i started it up i lost all power wont go above 5 mph and bucks i have no check engine light i cant find anything broken off. i thought it was fine when i started it up the next day was funning fine but when it warms up it starts bucking and has no power
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Any intercooler hoses popped off? Have you removed the front bumper yet to look things over?

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
^^ start there. it sounds liek a pipe is off or a hose is damaged. any pics?

Old 01-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

I was just reading this over and you should also check if you damaged your FMIC. If all of your intercooler piping is still connected securely, do a boost leak check and see if you are losing any pressure from your FMIC.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 01-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Send a message via AIM to tribalwithstyle Send a message via Yahoo to tribalwithstyle
all that stuff is good i got IC pipes for xmass and all that is ok its not a boost leak or spike problam. i got a speed sensor code out of it and i tried like on the 3000gt's and disconected it and it goes away i drove it around no problams but i think i need to get the pcm reflashed it never got the recall flash done and if its been tuned they should be able to put it back to what it should be. the inner cooler is fine and if its not there a pin hole from solething else because it never got hit in the very front.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Where did the car get hit exactly?

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

did you do a boost leak test? this would be th eonly way to find a non obvious leak. i bet your TB shaft seals are leaking on top of the other issues. So your not fixing the problem just making the cel go away for a day or so. what is the exact code?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

i dont have a boost leak tester but from what my gague reads it is fine. and its got a p500 speed sensor code thats the only code in it. now it was hit in the front the lower part ot the bumper was toor off and in the rear but that just bent my exhaust into the bumper and melted it. i talked to the superviser tech at the delar today and he thinks the same thing that it needs the reflash.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

I thought you said it didnt get hit in the front. Anyways, is the car stock or modded? And I dont see how an accident is going to cause the Evo to need to be reflashed since your ECU is behind the glovebox. If the shock from an accident is going to cause the ECU to need to be reflashed, then everyday driving would cause the same over a period of time.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

i never even said where it got hit. my buddy had a leak tester i just tried that 0 leak. and all it has is a full exhaust IC pipes and an intake tube. but i put the ic pipes and intake on after the accident and nothing changed. i tested the speed sensor thought and its junk.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

now i'm confused......

I bet there is a leak and a reflash because of a accident, that is a no go and you may want to switch dealers. Now if a part is bad then yes thats different, but ecu tuning and flashing would not have been effected by a crash.....

We need facts!

1. Was the car in a accident in the front? I'm assuming yes and you did state in the original post you were in a accident and your crashed.
2. What mods are on the car exactly?
3. Has the car been reflashed or tuned?
4. Does your friend know how to work a boost leak tester? This means no hissing or rushing air was heard? and you used a boost gauge hooked up to the intake manifold to verify it would hold PSI up to if not above 25psi?
5. You may have a major exhaust leak since it shifted your exhaust far enough to burn your bumper, this could cause you more issues in the future.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalwithstyle View Post
all that stuff is good i got IC pipes for xmass and all that is ok its not a boost leak or spike problam. i got a speed sensor code out of it and i tried like on the 3000gt's and disconected it and it goes away i drove it around no problams but i think i need to get the pcm reflashed it never got the recall flash done and if its been tuned they should be able to put it back to what it should be. the inner cooler is fine and if its not there a pin hole from solething else because it never got hit in the very front.
Uh, ya, you did.

I also would like to know if the car has been tuned. If you do go through with going to the dealer to have them reflash it, expect to lose some power and not have the problem fixed because the reflash is not you problem. Its something mechanical. Do you have any shops in your area that specialize in Evos? Just wondering because even though a dealer has a certified tech, it doesnt me he knows what to look for on an Evo.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

im a tech but i junt dident have a way to get it to my shop last week got it up there and got it hooked up to the computer i got to watch it the MAFS it was going crazy when it went into closed loop i had a buddy with another 04 and he let me bumm his MASF. never turned it over when i put on my intake and found out the retard befoor me must have droped it and glued a crack in it. this is just one more thing that im finding out about this car and making me have second thoughts.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

so did you use your buddies mafs and it fixed the issue? This doesnt seem like it would be a problem after a accident unless you did enough damage to mess that up too. Where do you work as a tech? a dealer? or a regular shop? clean your mafs and see what happens. Or just unplug it and start the car, it will run rich but you can see if it revs up after its warm. Also have you swapped out plugs and wires? might want to spend some money on some NGK br7eix's and see what happens, this is always a great upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement