car won't start after injector install - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Midwest
car won't start after injector install

today i installed some 750ccs into my 05 evo 8. i also installed a walbro 255 fuel pump. i installed the fuel pump first. after i had it all installed i started the car up and it ran fine. so i moved onto the injectors. i did every thing properly (ive installed hundreds of injectors before), but i went to crank the car up after i cleaned it all up and it wont start. the car will crank but it just wont start.

i thought it was just faulty injectors but usually all 4 arent bad. so i put the stock ones back in and it is doing the same thing. i dont know what the problem is. i am at my wits end because everything is done right. help?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

also should mention that i have an afc neo. i set all trims to -33 across the board. i even set it back to 0 after putting in the stock ones. what am i missing here?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
it may sound stupid but check all hoses and wiring. Did you use anything to block the fuel line from leaking? did you take it off? Why are you using a afc? get ecu flash and a cable you can scale your injectors to your tune! step into the future.....get rid of the afc and you will have more then enough cash to get the cable and the program is free!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
it may sound stupid but check all hoses and wiring. Did you use anything to block the fuel line from leaking? did you take it off? Why are you using a afc? get ecu flash and a cable you can scale your injectors to your tune! step into the future.....get rid of the afc and you will have more then enough cash to get the cable and the program is free!
everything is hooked up 100 percent correctly. i checked everything 1000 times. nothing is wrong with an afc. it was really cheap so why not.

i dont really get what the problem is. i was thinking somehow air got into the system? i really dont know. gotta be someone that has the answer haha!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
well usually there is not fuel in the line after a install and takes a couple times, but it does sound like you covered it already. Not sure what to tell you using a afc is limiting you.....Euflash is free and the cable is $90 to have full control over your ecu, plenty of +500whp cars are using it
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car:
Club Region: Outside North America
did you check the anti theft thing that goes around the key
Sponsored Links
Advertisement