Compresion ratio Info - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Compresion ratio Info

I have just finished building my new evo vii engine (eagle rods, wiseco pistons, hks cams, motec, etc) and planning 27-28lbs of boost with avgas. What would be the the ideal compresion ratio, Ive just measure it and 4 cilinders are showing me 200lbs wich I think is to much.

Thanks in advantage for any help

Jose L
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Compression ratio is different from cylinder pressure.
That's a brand spank'n new motor. Once the motor has been around the block a couple of times you'll probaby see 175-180 psi across all cylinders, which is fine.
Since the motor is already built, I hope you have an extremely efficient turbo, or a compression ratio of 8.0:1 and definatley no higher than 8.5:1 for that much boost.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry
Compression ratio is different from cylinder pressure.
That's a brand spank'n new motor. Once the motor has been around the block a couple of times you'll probaby see 175-180 psi across all cylinders, which is fine.
Since the motor is already built, I hope you have an extremely efficient turbo, or a compression ratio of 8.0:1 and definatley no higher than 8.5:1 for that much boost.
Hey Larry,

He is talking about running avgas all the time (104 octane low lead) so he can do 8.8:1 or 9:1 without too much trouble.

Later,

Keith

Old 07-21-2005, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

My stock compression in the car was 182. I just put in pistons rods and a few other goodies. Once broken in I'll compression test my car and let you know what I have for psi. I put in eagle rods and ross 8.5:1 pistons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement