dealer reflash - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

dealer reflash

has anyone had the dealer reflash their ecu? i was thinking about having mine done i plan on getting a walbro soon and just kinda wanted to ask, thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
if the dealer reflashes it, it will be set back to OEM spec so it will not account for any mods to your car especially not a fuel pump. Take it to a tuner or a local near you who is familiar with ecuflash. What are your mods right now?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

so far ive got an ams frontmount injen hard upper pipe boost controller some kind of stiffer clutch(was on the car when i bought it) perrin downpipe gutted cat and hks hipower catback a friend of mine had a walbro 255 for his talon but never put it on i was thinking about buying that, but right now i got my car "running" when my balance shaft belt broke it got the timing belt to jump some teeth so im trying to figure out how to get that reset

Old 01-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

if your timing jumped you may be shit outta luck. is this your first mitsu? They are known as valve benders. does you car sound horrible? if it jumped timing then you should pull the head and have the valves checked also see if the head itself is cracked. You are looking at destroying your whole motor if you run it even at idle. If you suspect the timing jumped have it looked at or have it towed to someone who knows what they are doing so it doesn't cost you even more money to fix.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

also with those mods and the fuel pump once your car is fixed it needs to be tuned and it should run like a champ. Make sure you do basic maitence first like plugs and wires too so you can get the most out of it.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

so at the worst id need to buy a new head? yeah this is my first mitsu ever before this i had an 06 sti and an 02 wrx, decided i wanted to try an evo, and well so far its been nothing but problems, though when it was running it ran very strong so i love them all 4 door turbo awd cars, would a cobb accessport do the tuning or would i need like a turboxs utec or aemems? im new to the whole tuning thing mostly ive just done intake exhaust and boost controllers, easy things
Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

take your car to someone who knows about evos and have it checked out before you do anything. you will be lucky it all you need is a new head if it jumped timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement