dyno flash??? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

dyno flash???

i'm just wondering if anybody has used dyno flash. and questions comments would be nice. i had planned on using dynoflash and aem wideband gauge and turbo xs knock light. to keep an eye on things. does this sound sufficiant? washington sux hard to find good tuners. this site is a huge help thanks guys.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know 2 people who have gone to Al and been very happy.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I'm sponsored by Dynoflash and have been using his flashes for almost 2 years now. I loved my first one and have loved every flash since then. I ran the times in my sigh with his flash with stg1 mods.

Getting a wideband is good, but you won't need the knock light.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
FJF

Warr, is there a functional difference between the mail-in (Dyno)flash and the e-flash?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

No, they're the same.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
FJF

Thank you.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial View Post
I know 2 people who have gone to Al and been very happy.
I know two guys who used him and were misreable. One of them needed a new ECU.
Here's one thing I don't understand. If you get a mail in or eflash aren't they on the conservitive side and still require some fine tuning for your car and octane your running? If so, why not just do the whole thing yourself?

Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
FJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
Here's one thing I don't understand. If you get a mail in or eflash aren't they on the conservitive side and still require some fine tuning for your car and octane your running? If so, why not just do the whole thing yourself?
I've seen some truly disturbing work by quite a few of the better known tuners - enough not to fully trust any of them with my car. To answer your question, I trust myself even less when it comes to this sort of thing.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
When I said they went to Al, I literally mean they WENT to Al . We're only about 1.5 hours away
Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yes, base flashes are made more conservative, but they by no means need to be tweaked. You can almost always improve a base flash with custom tuning, but the vast majority of people will not and should not be playing with ECU parameters.

Needing a new ECU because of a flash would be in the 1 in a 1000 range...

Old 03-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

i would tend to want to trust dynoflash before myself who has never tried tuning. i had a hard enough time figuring out an avcr on my 2g eclipse let alone an afc. but i guess you cant ever learn if you don't try. my area needs a good tuner bad. northwest sux for import tuners.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

I got a ttm flash through dynoflash about 7 months ago, and it works fine for me. I had to go on a 3 week tdy so it was perfect timing for me to mail in my ecu. Only gripe I had and it may just have been due to not driving my car for 3 weeks, but when I got back I didn't notice a difference. I went into the flash with a tbe and mbc set to 21psi. The positive though, was I had boost spiking to 24psi during highway cruising and after the reflash it went away.

I don't know what part of Washington you're in, but there's a shop called Axiom in Tacoma, WA that has done some good work with Evos. I plan on getting tuned through them when I get back to the states in a couple weeks.

Last edited by Clos23; 03-15-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

i've heard of axiom. i'm all the way on whidbey island but its really not that far to go. they have the ability to flash? i still think that i would trust dyno flash more since they deal mostly with evos. plus it should only take two days mail in flash or you can eflash. we should organize a northwest evo meet/run.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

You're right, I would've initially trusted dynoflash more to begin with. Over on Evom there was a thread a few months ago in the PNW forum about a guy that had been dynoflashed and down the road he went to Axiom and got flashed there. Said his dynoflash was really conservative, just like Warrtalon says above about base flashes. He got some pretty good results from them.
I've had 95% of my performance parts bought and installed there. They've been pretty cool to me.

But yeah I'd be up for a northwest evo meet/run goin. I'll be back to the states in 14 days. Really itching to drive my car as much as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement