EcuFlash Setup Instructions and Tutorial - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 01:26 AM   #31 (permalink)

Did anyone find out what the Email address is, I sent him an email but no return yet. currently in Japan.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2006, 07:13 AM   #32 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I'll talk to him tonight.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

This is probably sticky worthy no?

Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 AM   #34 (permalink)

Good idea - done.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #35 (permalink)

having a bit of a problem downloading from the ecu.
I select the evo 8, press read, power on, press OK, it reads a few lines and then faults. I can keep doing this and gain quite a few lines but never enough.

is there an issue with the ecu being connected to an ecu-plus unit?

any help would be appreciated, I am computer programing challenged to say theleast.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Is it not giving you an error? I'm pretty sure you can use it even with ECU+ installed, but there may be a quirk with ECU+ that I haven't encountered, since I don't have one. I might have to send you to the EcuFlash or ECU+ forums on EvoM to find out, because I know there are multiple ECU+ users who also use EcuFlash...

Old 02-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

ecuplus has at this time 2/25/07 an interface with the obd2 that precludes any other link to the ecu.
simply cut a wire to allow ecuflash or other obd2 links. then reconnect it to get obd2 back on the ecuplus.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

This is some of the most interesting stuff ive read about tuning. I am contemplating downloading this and what not. Would it be a better idea to download ECUflash and getting the cable and getting Eflashed? or having Harman Motive (an evo tuner in my area) custom flash me?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #39 (permalink)

That's a tough one. I think that you should definitely get EcuFlash downloaded and installed along with the Tactrix cable, but that doesn't mean you have to get eflashed. I almost always tell people to get a custom tune if they have the option, but it also depend son the cost and the tuner. Harman Motive pretty much knows what they're doing, but they're not one of the big players. I would only pay for them to custom tune me if the cost was reasonable...no more than $400. Also, I would ensure that they do not use EcuTek, but rather use TechTom or Ecuflash (all of these are flashing softwares). Do not pay for an EcuTek, because it's a waste of money, and do not pay more than $400, because EcuFlash is free, which has brought the price of custom flashes down.

If they can't accommodate you, then before going with an eflash, let me know how far you are from either Tuning Technologies or RRE.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Im not far from RRE, ive been there a couple of times. My only problem with them is that they dont seem to understand that my evo is also my daily driver. I understand that they know evos inside and out, but im not trying to make an all out race car..yet. What i want is a well balanced street car. As you know, I know a little about Evos and am trying to learn (in which this forum has been a huge help).

But I will find out a price from Harman, and let you know what softwear they are using. My main thing with them is that they are about 10 min away from my house. My other thing is what are some essential mods i should have ready when i get my tune? I have a buschur cone filter, downpipe, and cat back and of course that HKS BOV but is there anything that would help me out more with either the flash from Harman, or and eflash??
Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 AM   #41 (permalink)

Ok, two things:

1) RRE now uses Scott Gray for their flash tuning. I highly recommend you go to him for a very cheap, very good custom flash. It should not be an issue with you not making this a race car - they don't push people like that normally, so I don't know what happened in your case. Scott Gray will tune you how you want to be tuned.

2) The stg1 mods for an 05 should be this:
- Full TBE (downpipe, cat replacement, cat-back)
- MBC (I recommend the Forge UNOS)
- BOV (recirculating like the JDM MR DV, Evo IX DV, Forge Evo15 DV, or Forge RS DV) - not the HKS
- Fuel pump (I recommend Walbro)
- Flash

Those are all the stg1 mods, and they happen to be exactly what I put in my Warrtalon package for VIIIs that Buschur sells. You don't need the package - you just need the rest of the mods missing from that combo, then go get flashed.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #42 (permalink)

Ok, will it matter much if i have the buschur filter? will that better me? and about what ball park whp output could i expect from that? just curious.

oh, and couldnt they adjust the boost by flashing?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #43 (permalink)

The BR filter is fine once you get tuned. Right now, though, that BOV and intake are hurting your car. It's important that you get the car setup right and get it tuned.

Ballpark 300whp on a Dynojet on 93oct with 21-22psi with the mods listed above. I put down 305whp and ran [email protected] with those exact mods (no intake).

Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #44 (permalink)

only problem with that is that i have 91 oct availiable. Is there something i should do for that? Another part or something?!!? how much will that effect my horsepower?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #45 (permalink)

You just won't make as much power, because you can't run as much boost and can't go as aggressive on the tuning. 91oct is piss water. It's the same for everyone out West, so don't worry so much about the numbers. Just worry about having the right mods and a reliable tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement