Email reflash? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Email reflash?

Can anyone direct me to someone on here that does email reflashes please? Im buying some goodies for my evo 8 in the next week or so and id like to get a reflash with two step.

a tune for a 3in turboback, fuel pump, jdm evo dv, hallman pro and a air filter is what im looking for. Any suggestions? I think i will be using ecu flash with the tactrix cable.

thanks-joe
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Where in the Mid-Atlantic are you? You can go to a bunch of tuners on the East Coast who can either do a custom tune or just an e-flash. If you don't want to go to someone around you who you can rely on, then you can choose from these:

- Lucas English
- 4WS
- Jestr

There are a bunch more if you look in the EcuFlash forum on EvolutionM.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
I would recommend JustDSM. He tuned my IX via email and did an awesome job. Communication was great and he was very helpful.

JustDSM

Dennis

Old 07-22-2008, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would recomend Tobz
Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't recommend anyone at sea level getting a tune from someone who primarily tunes cars at this altitude when the customer is surrounded by a slew of expert tuners at the same altitude. Vice versa as well...

Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I'm currenty waiting for the return of my email flash from dynoflash. $75.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
I don't recommend anyone at sea level getting a tune from someone who primarily tunes cars at this altitude when the customer is surrounded by a slew of expert tuners at the same altitude. Vice versa as well...
Justin did just fine with my tune in Kansas City.

Dennis
Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm sure he did, but you also aren't surrounded by a slew of professional Evo tuners like the OP. Also, there have been _plenty_ of people who got eflashes up here in CO from a sea level tuner and thought the tune was "fine" until they found otherwise at the track, dyno, or both. There really is no substitute for a local expert when tuning at drastically different elevations and octanes, because although the principles of tuning don't change, the location-specific nuances definitely do.

In this case, we have a guy at sea level on 93oct surrounded by tuners, so I think it would make no sense for him to get eflashed by a local Colorado tuner.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
I'm currenty waiting for the return of my email flash from dynoflash. $75.

-E
Old 07-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
I'm sure he did, but you also aren't surrounded by a slew of professional Evo tuners like the OP. Also, there have been _plenty_ of people who got eflashes up here in CO from a sea level tuner and thought the tune was "fine" until they found otherwise at the track, dyno, or both. There really is no substitute for a local expert when tuning at drastically different elevations and octanes, because although the principles of tuning don't change, the location-specific nuances definitely do.

In this case, we have a guy at sea level on 93oct surrounded by tuners, so I think it would make no sense for him to get eflashed by a local Colorado tuner.
I don't know of anyone called "OP". Normally OP stands for Overland Park, a surrounding city, maybe there is a tuner in OP that I don't know of. There is only one guy in the surronding area that I know of and I stumbled across him after the fact. Plus he hasn't tuned any IX's (Mivec's) yet. I don't know if it is much different than the VIII's or not, but I have been reading for over a year now about Justin's reputation and the work he has done so I felt comfortable using him. I'm sure the local guy could do a great job, but again, I want to feel comfortable about who is tuning my car. This is my daily driver so I can't afford any major mishaps.

As far as power goes, I think 329whp on a dynojet and 109mph trap speeds are pretty good for an intake and a full exhuast. I give him all my logs including AFR's and I think any good tuner, no matter where they are located, would be able to tune the car from the information. A local tuner would be seing the same info as Justin or anyone else.

Dennis
Old 07-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

OP = Original Poster
Old 07-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
I don't know of anyone called "OP". Normally OP stands for Overland Park, a surrounding city, maybe there is a tuner in OP that I don't know of. There is only one guy in the surronding area that I know of and I stumbled across him after the fact. Plus he hasn't tuned any IX's (Mivec's) yet. I don't know if it is much different than the VIII's or not, but I have been reading for over a year now about Justin's reputation and the work he has done so I felt comfortable using him. I'm sure the local guy could do a great job, but again, I want to feel comfortable about who is tuning my car. This is my daily driver so I can't afford any major mishaps.

As far as power goes, I think 329whp on a dynojet and 109mph trap speeds are pretty good for an intake and a full exhuast. I give him all my logs including AFR's and I think any good tuner, no matter where they are located, would be able to tune the car from the information. A local tuner would be seing the same info as Justin or anyone else.
As long as you're happy.

Hopefully, the OP will listen to what I have said and will realize I didn't even recommend my own tuner to him despite the great job he's done. There is far more than just looking at AFRs and timing when it comes to optimizing for extremely different altitudes. I already said there have been examples of expert tuners - tuners known NATIONWIDE, not just in Colorado - who have simply missed the ball with eflash tunes on cars here at altitude. It's not their fault - they just don't know what to do to optimize the tune at an altitude where turbos are much less efficient.

I am not doubting or calling into question Justin's tuning ability. It's just that it's much more difficult to optimize when you don't ever tune at the altitude where the car resides. Experience and trial/error are major factors. IF you don't believe this despite no experience, then there's nothing more I can say. I'm just interested in what's best for the OP, not what's best for my tuner or friend.

PS. Have you not dyno'd or hit the drags since adding the rest of your mods?

Apex-i Intake, Megan O2, Megan Down Pipe, Test Pipe, B&B cat-back, Buschur LICP, Forge Unos MBC, AEM WB

Old 07-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

hmm i see well i live in buffalo new york and there really is not much here. There is street tuned motorsports but they are a hike and i havent really heard if they tune or not. Any local tuners i havent heard of around here?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Ah yeah, upstate New York is not what I was thinking when I saw Mid-Atlantic as your region. There are a bunch of tuners in the corridor between VA and NY, but I don't know of anyone/anything in Buffalo. There are several tuners in Connecticut and several in the NYC area.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
OP = Original Poster
lol.... i was way off

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement