Free Power FC tuning software for EVO - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Free Power FC tuning software for EVO

Hi. Let me begin by introducing myself. I'm a software engineer and Toyota MR2 Spyder owner. About 4 years ago I started developing some PC software to do things that the Datalogit Power FC software would not do such as auto tuning the fuel map (we have a Base map, but you do not, and trust me it is a royal PITA to get right). This initially only worked on Toyota 1ZZ-FE and 2ZZ-GE engines (the two engines I had, before and after an engine swap). The program has grown and grown, with many more features added and platforms (engines) supported. It is hard to summarize what it can do, but let's just say that it will knock your socks off compared to FC Edit, especially if you like virtual gauges and have a car PC of some sort. It also auto tunes the ignition map. (You basically set the knock level to what you want and it tweaks the ignition map while you drive to reduce or increase knock in each cell until you hit the target. Then you can back off the timing however much you want.) The program works with a variety of (completely optional) USB add-ons, such as GPS antennas, a digital and analog I/O board, a relay output board, and a 2-axis accelerometer. It will calculate HP and produce street dynamometer graphs as you drive - or while in Replay mode. Replay is neat feature, by the way.

Here is a link to the topic on our MR2 forum to get people started discovering its capabilities. The first post in that topic shows you where to download the program and documentation (rather sparse, I am afraid) from:

Copilot For Power Fc - Spyderchat.com - The Online Community for MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts

There are also some related topics in the Engine Management forum.

The software is free to everyone. At one point I sold it, but decided that was too much of a hassle (having customers), so I made it free again. I don't accept donations from anyone who usese a 1ZZ-FE or 2ZZ-GE platform, but do from anyone else who wishes to support this effort (I am by no means done adding new features). It is strictly donations, though, so don't feel obligated (I'd rather be famous than rich and I'll never get rich selling software for the Power FC no matter how good it is.) I just added support for EVO I through EVO IX Power FCs today, which is why I am posting here.

I'll visit this forum from time to time, but your best chance of reaching me for Q&A will be on Spyderchat.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement