got my tune from dynoflash tonight - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

got my tune from dynoflash tonight

So I got my tune from Al at dynoflash tonight. I loaded it up and took it for a quick test drive around the block a few times. It seems like it pulls less in 2nd but a lot more in 3rd. I will really check it out tomorrow, but does this sound right? Oh and one other stupid question. I heard that on some cars there is a limit to how many times you can flash your ECU is that true with evos?

Last edited by evolutioner; 08-18-2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: forgot to ask another question
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
It seems like it pulls less in 2nd but a lot more in 3rd. I will really check it out tomorrow, but does this sound right?
My experience with flashing is very limited. Maybe the same fuel and timing cells that get hit in second gear are not the same as in third. I know most WOT tuning and logging takes place in third, so those cells in the maps would be tweaked leaving the ones that get used in second unaltered.
Does this make sense?

Quote:
I heard that on some cars there is a limit to how many times you can flash your ECU is that true with evos?
From what I've read here and there it's 1000 times. And even then it's is more of a; "You can flash the car's ECU this many times with no problems." After that you're on barrowed time and parts of the ECU's memory "might" take a dump on you.

Quote:
Oh and one other stupid question.
There are no stupid questions. This isn't just for you evolutioner, but also to everyone who comes here, takes a look around looking for information, but affraid to post a question because they don't want to look like a newbie or what ever (and I know you people are out there).
There are no stupid questions. No one is going to come down on you. No one is going to call you names. No one is going to tell you to "go search." I won't allow it. The last one is really a pisser for me too. I go around to other sites and when I see it, I know that person is lame and really doesn't know the answer. I really hate "go search."
If anyone doesn't know something, just ask.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
My experience with flashing is very limited. Maybe the same fuel and timing cells that get hit in second gear are not the same as in third. I know most WOT tuning and logging takes place in third, so those cells in the maps would be tweaked leaving the ones that get used in second unaltered.
Does this make sense?

From what I've read here and there it's 1000 times. And even then it's is more of a; "You can flash the car's ECU this many times with no problems." After that you're on barrowed time and parts of the ECU's memory "might" take a dump on you.

There are no stupid questions. This isn't just for you evolutioner, but also to everyone who comes here, takes a look around looking for information, but affraid to post a question because they don't want to look like a newbie or what ever (and I know you people are out there).
There are no stupid questions. No one is going to come down on you. No one is going to call you names. No one is going to tell you to "go search." I won't allow it. The last one is really a pisser for me too. I go around to other sites and when I see it, I know that person is lame and really doesn't know the answer. I really hate "go search."
If anyone doesn't know something, just ask.
Promise I won't catch hell from Warrtalon?

I swear, I was absolutely terrified of posting the earlier question on the sway bar setting and on the alignment settings cos I thought I was going to get fried by Warr. He's knowledgeable, but man, what a fuse

Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Get over it. Warr is Warr. Post the dumbest thing you can think of just for him. Ex. Whats that thing hanging off of my exhaust manifold? It makes a wierd whistling noise as I go higher in my rpm's.

The point of theese forums is to find answers to "Q's".
Ask away. Search away.
We need more action on theese forums anyway.

Turrr Baux Lewy nailed it on the third gear pull thing. That is your 2nd gear problem. Did you get the mail in flash? Are you happy with it?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoonk View Post
Promise I won't catch hell from Warrtalon?

I swear, I was absolutely terrified of posting the earlier question on the sway bar setting and on the alignment settings cos I thought I was going to get fried by Warr. He's knowledgeable, but man, what a fuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
Warr is Warr. Post the dumbest thing you can think of just for him. Ex. Whats that thing hanging off of my exhaust manifold? It makes a wierd whistling noise as I go higher in my rpm's.
I promise.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
Get over it. Warr is Warr. Post the dumbest thing you can think of just for him. Ex. Whats that thing hanging off of my exhaust manifold? It makes a wierd whistling noise as I go higher in my rpm's.
funniest thing i have ever heard.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Get your self a tatrix cable and run some logs to see if its knocking at all!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

From watching and listening to what Justin does when he tunes it would seem to me that perhaps the Load sites for 2nd weren't adjusted as well as they could have been. But don't take my word on that as I haven't seen your map or your logs.

Was this an e-flash or a custom?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

This is a quote from one of the people who Disassembled the ecu.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it. But just so you know, the way ECUFlash works, is it only writes areas of the rom which has changed.. so if you reflash your ECU once for injector scaling, then another time for your boost control, then another time for your fuel map, each of those reflashes only overwrites changed bytes in those specific areas.

Errors begin to happen when you overwrite the same location, for instance if you changed the injector scaling byte hundreds to thousands of times, then you may get write errors for the specific byte. Obviously its a bad thing, but its unlikely to cause you a problem unless your reflashing your car so often (for instance overwriting your timing map repeatedly for along period of time, hundreds of times)"
Old 08-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Hey, ghoonk, I don't think that was fair, since this is not EvoM. I don't tell anyone to search, because we have no information to search through...

Old 08-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

OK, no more "I'm affraid of Warrtalon." Clayton has his own style of tough love and he means well, but we are not hear to offend so well leave it as that and get back on topic.
Sorry Clayton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreionic View Post
This is a quote from one of the people who Disassembled the ecu.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it. But just so you know, the way ECUFlash works, is it only writes areas of the rom which has changed.. so if you reflash your ECU once for injector scaling, then another time for your boost control, then another time for your fuel map, each of those reflashes only overwrites changed bytes in those specific areas.

Errors begin to happen when you overwrite the same location, for instance if you changed the injector scaling byte hundreds to thousands of times, then you may get write errors for the specific byte. Obviously its a bad thing, but its unlikely to cause you a problem unless your reflashing your car so often (for instance overwriting your timing map repeatedly for along period of time, hundreds of times)"

Old 08-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

To answer some of the questions above. I got an email tune, so I have the cable to flash and the software. I guess it is time to use evoscan and log some data to see what is going on. I do really like the tune though it idles smoother than before and really does pull harder in 3rd and 4th. best 50.00 I have ever spent.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Hey, ghoonk, I don't think that was fair, since this is not EvoM. I don't tell anyone to search, because we have no information to search through...

I'm just kidding

Seriously, you're one the most knowledgeable guys on the Evo out there. Any forum is very fortunate to have you on board, and I've actually learnt tons from your posts in EvoM and in EvoTuners, especially that last one on the alignment and tire pressure settings.

Beer's on me any time you're in sunny Dubai, mate
Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
To answer some of the questions above. I got an email tune, so I have the cable to flash and the software. I guess it is time to use evoscan and log some data to see what is going on. I do really like the tune though it idles smoother than before and really does pull harder in 3rd and 4th. best 50.00 I have ever spent.
When you get a chance pulls some logs with load, timing, fuel, knock and AFR if you have the means. I'm sure your money was well spent but beware e-flashes can be spotty at best. Always better safe than kablooey!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #15 (permalink)

^ +1

Mitsulogger and a Tactric cable are your best friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement