help on installing a air/fuel gauge - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question help on installing a air/fuel gauge

man I'm a little confused. I got a autometer air/fuel gauge, it has three wires 1. for the power 2. for ground and 3. to be connected to the signal wire on the oxygen sensor. Where can I find that #3 WIRE. WHAT NUMBER IS IT ON THE ECU. CAN ANYBODY SEND ME A PICTURE OR SOMETHING?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO CAN EVO
man I'm a little confused. I got a autometer air/fuel gauge, it has three wires 1. for the power 2. for ground and 3. to be connected to the signal wire on the oxygen sensor. Where can I find that #3 WIRE. WHAT NUMBER IS IT ON THE ECU. CAN ANYBODY SEND ME A PICTURE OR SOMETHING?
Pin number 76 on the ECU is the front o2 sensor.

PIC courtesy of the FINE FOLKS AT ROAD RACE ENGINEERING!
Old 08-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

hey thanks that helped out alot. I hooked the violet#3 wire to the #76 on the ecu,is that how you do it? After I installed all wires the gauge was flickering red on idle and when I was driving ,it would bounce from left to right, is that correct?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

It should read lean and bounce around at idle, and will cycle back and forth around stoich when your cruising. The important part is that at wot it stays on the rich side. I'm not sure how rich the evo's run stock, but it's probably around 10.1 at wot.\

wot= wide open throttle, just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement