Help running EvoScan - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Help running EvoScan

So today i was trying to get some logging done w/Evoscan. When i hit the start logging button, it'll start to attempt to log but then gives me an error about it cannot read from com1. I have the usb port checked on the top left corner of the screen. Any help would be great. Just want to get started on using this program to get some logs in. Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem. Did you get it solved?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec View Post
So today i was trying to get some logging done w/Evoscan. When i hit the start logging button, it'll start to attempt to log but then gives me an error about it cannot read from com1. I have the usb port checked on the top left corner of the screen. Any help would be great. Just want to get started on using this program to get some logs in. Thanks

You have wideband checked to log thats why. If you dont have a wideband or you set the wideband to the wrong com port then you get that errror

Old 06-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

that worked once for me, but now when I log the car idles rough and the rpm's and speed don't respond. i'm afraid to log the car with evoscan.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8killer View Post
that worked once for me, but now when I log the car idles rough and the rpm's and speed don't respond. i'm afraid to log the car with evoscan.

That actually happened to me once. I would log the car when idling and the rpms shot up to like 3k. Just reinstall eveoscan and it will be good. You cant log wideband if you dont have one that will give you an error if you try without one
Old 06-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the Zeitronix and tried logging with and without the wideband feature. It idles rough either way. I sent an email for help.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8killer View Post
I have the Zeitronix and tried logging with and without the wideband feature. It idles rough either way. I sent an email for help.
Try re installing it first to see what it does
Old 06-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

I reinstalled evoscan and all is good. I also traced a bad USB to serial adapter that had the wideband cutting out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement