Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum

Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum (https://www.evotuners.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning & Engine Management (https://www.evotuners.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Help with a tune? (https://www.evotuners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2304)

realslow4drz 08-22-2007 07:06 PM

Help with a tune?

Ok now how does one go about tunning with just a laptop and the data cable that you have to have to plug in to the car, now by no means do I know how to tune so I dont plan on just pulling up my map and going oh well I need to tell it that I need fuel but can I get a tune sent to me and then put in on my car with the laptop and how hard is it. thanks for the time :dsm:

Warrtalon 08-22-2007 09:20 PM

Did you read the sticky in this forum? ;)

PS. It's "tuning." Pet peeve, sorry...

ghoonk 08-22-2007 09:32 PM

Yes, you can get a mail-in tune from a number of vendors such as TTP Engineering, Dynoflash, Mellon Tuning, and other leading ECUFlash tuners around the world, all of who charge reasonable rates, have good turnaround and customer service, and more importantly, provide good yet safe tunes.

I think that it is neither prudent nor smart to start tuning your own car if you have not got a complete understanding of how things work. That could turn out to be a very expensive lesson.

To get up and running to do your own tunes, you will need the following

1. Cable : Tactrix cable for Mitsubishi
2. Tuning software : ECUFlash from OpenECU.org (free software)
3. Datalogger : Mitsulogger from Aktivematrix (free software) or EvoScan (commercial, but well worth it)

Optional:

1. Dataloglab : Log Analysis Tool
2. Wideband O2 sensor : I'm using the Innovate LM-1 to supplement AFR reading in my datalogs generated by EvoScan

I'm not a tuner myself, and leave this to people who are far more qualified to work on my maps, but I understand how it is done.

Warrtalon 08-22-2007 09:56 PM

Ghoonk, all of that and more is in my EcuFlash tutorial stickied at the top of this forum. That's why I wrote the above reply...:confused: Feel free to add on to that thread, but we don't need to duplicate the info.

ghoonk 08-22-2007 10:36 PM

sorry mate, I composed that before your reply came up.

Mellon Tuning 05-12-2009 10:58 AM

[quote=ghoonk;16780]Yes, you can get a mail-in tune from a number of vendors such as TTP Engineering, Dynoflash, [B][COLOR="Red"]Mellon Tuning[/COLOR][/B], and other leading ECUFlash tuners around the world, all of who charge reasonable rates, have good turnaround and customer service, and more importantly, provide good yet safe tunes.

I think that it is neither prudent nor smart to start tuning your own car if you have not got a complete understanding of how things work. That could turn out to be a very expensive lesson.

To get up and running to do your own tunes, you will need the following

1. Cable : Tactrix cable for Mitsubishi
2. Tuning software : ECUFlash from OpenECU.org (free software)
3. Datalogger : Mitsulogger from Aktivematrix (free software) or EvoScan (commercial, but well worth it)

Optional:

1. Dataloglab : Log Analysis Tool
2. Wideband O2 sensor : I'm using the Innovate LM-1 to supplement AFR reading in my datalogs generated by EvoScan

I'm not a tuner myself, and leave this to people who are far more qualified to work on my maps, but I understand how it is done.[/quote]

:thumb: