Injector questions... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Injector questions...

Hey all, I have a 05' Evo VII and i want to upgrade the injectors. I would like to know from those who have already done it, the way to go about doing this. What size should i get and what size fuel pump is best for that size? And what else should i do at time of install? Should i get a high volume fuel rail or any thing else? Also when i do the install, is that it, or do i have to do any tuning or make any other changes? Thanks for your help.

JK
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

First, what makes you think you need injectors? What mods have you done to the car? Give us some background for what your going to be using it for. Oh, can't stress this enough if you do ANY mods on your car GET IT TUNED, period. Well if you want to get the full potential of your parts and money. Sorry, I don't want to sound like an asshole but to be honest you should really search before posting, not only this forum but other evo forums as well to find out this info. Try evolutionm.net, great source of info. If you still have questions feel free to ask.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
you do not need injectors for a stock or basic modded evo. Post up mods and maybe we can help point you in the right direction.

I'm making over 400awhp on the stock injectors.....

Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Stock Injectors can hold up to 350-400hp. Anything over 400hp, get some 1,000 -1,200 cc Injectors.
RC ones are legit or AMS ones. [:
Old 03-24-2009, 04:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

^^ why would you need 1000cc injectors for over 400awhp. people running the BBK or some of the fp's don't need more then 800cc and put down plenty of power.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Midwest
wondering about E-85 with gt35r turbo setup 1600cc injectors what fuel pump should i go with im thinking of having about 600whp and if i go that big will my car start to get it tuned and where can i get a good tune
Old 07-22-2009, 04:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

I know nothing about e-85. You should be able to hit 600whp with a gt35r and a built motor. you def will need a tune but i dont know who is near you. Is E-85 readily available near you? to make 600whp you do not need e-85 or 1600cc injectors. You may want to look into a double walbro fuel pump setup and a killer ignition system.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

when it comes time to upgrade injectors there's little reason not to do anything other than 1000-1200cc to allow your self plenty of room for growth. A good tuner can make theme idle/cruise/wot like stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement