Injector scaling for 650cc's... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Injector scaling for 650cc's...

So I'm just starting out with the flashing stuff and having a good time with it. Since the stock injectors are rated at 550's and the stock scaling reflects 513's I figued I'll just use the same percentage difference for my 660's.
513 is roughly 93% of 550
93% of 650 is 604
In ECUflash's injector scaling I'm gonna try 609, monitor the fuel trims and see what happens. Any advice or tips on what I need to look for?

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
stock injectors are 560's... not 550's, and I am not sure what you mean by the stock scaling reflects 513's.... no idea what that means.

Keith <---- not an ECU flash user, and confused as all get out.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

turbolarry is on the right track in his tuning attempts.
its a little strange but the injector's rating has a lower number than the one that we attribute to them.
my 660 injectors seem to run between 585 and 609. to fine tune them you are supposed to tune the injector/ battery latency scale. its a time consuming endeavor unless you luck out. the good thing you can get fairly close with the injector scale alone.

the whole ecuflash practice is pure gibberish until you do it, and it takes a set of nads to do it the first time.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
nothere, have you flashed yourself? ... and no I don't mean standing in front of the mirror and opening up the trenchcoat.

Keith, here's a pic of my stock injector scaling. From my understanding, injector scaling is just telling the ECU what size injectors are in there, but it has to be on the low side for some reason. Even though we run 560's, in the ECU it says 513cc;

Attached Images

Old 05-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

no need for the trenchcoat at home.

yes playing around with it. I am unable to go the next step of altering the rom to get two step or whatever it is. but someday soon, by hook or by crook.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

if you have any trouble reading the low and mid trims the best way is to raise the min coolant temp for closed loop to an unachievable number. then you work you injector size to hit 14.7 in cruise. once that is done fiddle with latency to get the idle closer.
go back and reenter a reasonable min coolant temp for closed loop.

by this method I ended with a 620 for injector scale on 660 injectors.// there must be considerable difference between brands and I suppose age of install would have some impact too.ie slight injector clogging.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I'm still dragging my ass on this flash stuff.
I was planning to use my trusty logger that shows LTFT's, STFT's, battery voltage, RPM's etc. I'll try and get the fuel trims with in +/-5% through idle and cruising at different RPM's and see what happens??? I need to get busy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement