MAF sensor translator and custom intake. worth it? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

MAF sensor translator and custom intake. worth it?

My Tuner told me to look into getting A M.A.F Translator and so I can get rid of the stock restrictive unit. He said I would then be able to run a straight 2 or 3 inch intake pipe with a filter on it straight to the turbo. He claimed 40-50 more WHP with this and a retune. I havent really heard of doing this so any Info anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Also my setup includes a bunch of bolt on goodies.
Thanks, Mike
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

There are a few individuals on EvoM who have done this. Mitsubishi Evo Performance Parts From Mach V Motorsports sells a MAF translator and blow through pipe. Just gotta find someone who knows how to program it and set it up to run with your ECU. Then you can run VTA bov's too!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

You probably won't pick up 40-50 whp, but running without a maf definitely has it's advantages.
If you're dead set on using the stock ecu, then this is a wortwhwile investment. Otherwise, you might want to consider going standalone.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

The MAF translator doesn't get rid of a MAF, you just move it to the UICP and use a larger unit from GM.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTED View Post
You probably won't pick up 40-50 whp, but running without a maf definitely has it's advantages.
If you're dead set on using the stock ecu, then this is a wortwhwile investment. Otherwise, you might want to consider going standalone.
Crap, I really shouldn't type when I first wake up. What I was wanting to say was that I really doubt you will pick up 40-50 whp with just this unit, but you will pick up potentially more power without the maf entirely.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it eliminated the maf.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

They do make the MAF Translator Pro or whatever it's called. It's a speed density conversion or you can run a hot-wire MAF setup. I've not spent any time looking into it though, so your best best is to get info directly from the source. FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Store Front Page
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Can you do these mod's with a stock motor?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
you can but why nwould you want to with a stock car or basic bolt on car? stick to basic boltons before you think your ready to completely change the oem setup or function

Sponsored Links
Advertisement