NB/WB outputs on a switch??? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
NB/WB outputs on a switch???

Here's my idea for wiring up my SM-AFR;
I'm looking to feed the WB and narrow band outputs to the rear O2 sensor siganl of my ECU and I want to be able to switch between the two when needed. If I'm just driving around like normal I'll have it on NB. When it's time to tune and log, switch over to WB. Specifically like this;

SM-AFR WB output to switch input.
SM-AFR NB output to switch input.
Switch output to ECU (rear O2 sensor input).
Capasitor on rear O2 input and ground.

My question is this;
What kind of switch can I use? Will there be any resistance or voltage drop using a switch that will mess with the WB readings?
Any ideas on this or recomendations?

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

EDIT: I just remembered you can run a WB using ecuflash after staring at the evoscan screen. Sorry.

I don't follow what purpose the capacitor will fill. Please elaborate on this a little.

Last edited by WANTED; 11-24-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
According to PLX;
"If you plan to integrate the SM-AFR with stand alone engine management systems, piggy back systems, data loggers or any other devices that utilize the two analog outputs, noise filtering capacitors must be installed near the application. The included capacitors filter out unwanted electrical noise produced from your vehicle’s ignition and other onboard systems. This provides added signal integrity for more accurate, reliable, and consistent measurements."
http://www.plxdevices.com/Installati...UsersGuide.pdf

Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

The guys at PLX got back to me. Great support and I even bought it used.
http://www.forum.plxdevices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1614
Now I need to play with the intercooler sprayer switch and wire it up to it.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Is this working out as you want it to so far? Has it caused any issues when you switch it at all?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I haven't installed it yet, but I think I've found a switch I want to use. It's a simple toggle switch with two on positions. One will be simulated narrow band (.00-1.0v) and one for wide band (0.0-5.0v.) Trying to make the intercooler switch work is too much for me. It's a press once for on/again for off or hold down.
It should be in sometime in January. Someone is getting me a new sensor too for Xmas.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
I haven't installed it yet, but I think I've found a switch I want to use. It's a simple toggle switch with two on positions. One will be simulated narrow band (.00-1.0v) and one for wide band (0.0-5.0v.) Trying to make the intercooler switch work is too much for me. It's a press once for on/again for off or hold down.
It should be in sometime in January. Someone is getting me a new sensor too for Xmas.

Must be a big pink bunny with a fluffy tail

I think now I better understand what you are trying to do. Are you doing this for evoscan? If not, which software?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Yup, running evoscan v.99. I have yet to load up and try 2.0.
One night I included the rear O2 on a WOT pull just to see what comes up. It gave me a voltage reading of 4.0v plus. I don't know what exactly it means since I have a testpipe and the drilled out antifouler, but it does tells me the input is capable of voltages outside the common 0.0-1.0v of a narrow band sensor. I know some 2g DSM's have been logging wideband voltage through the rear O2 ECU input.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuni...o2-logger.html

Old 12-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Larry, do you happen to know if evoscan is compatible with the PLX M500 (or even the R500 for that matter)?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I don't believe it is. I'm still on v.99 and it only shows AEM, Zeitronics, Innovate, and I think one more, but I know it's not PLX. I haven't tried v2.0 though.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Crap. It isn't. Looks like I might have to get a different wideband for the evo and throw this one in the talon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement