Turbolarry - Drag results with S-AFC - 12.83@106.3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Turbolarry - Drag results with S-AFC - [email protected]

I went to the track with the settings left over from my 3rd log in the previous post. Interestingly, tuning the car on a 3rd gear pull from 3-7k rpm was nothing like tuning during drag races. I learned some VERY VERY interesting facts when reading my logs after my runs tonight:

1) I had _0_ readings below 5400 rpm. I had no idea how high the RPMs were when I shifted each gear. From launch all the way to the end of 4th at the traps, I never went below 5400 rpm as far as I can tell. It's possible I went a little lower due to the delay between readings, but it certainly wasn't much lower. So, when tuning for the drag strip, I only need to worry about the 5-7.5k settings it seems.

2) I was rich, rich, rich with the previous settings while in drag mode. I was at .95v or .97v in EVERY gear at EVERY RPM on EVERY run tonight. I was only making very slight adjustments (1-2% at each NE-point) to be safe, but I apparently needed to take much more fuel out than I anticipated. My MPH went all the way up to a max of 106.3, so I am pretty sure it was working, but I _STILL_ had _0_ readings of .91v or .93v. I was simply amazed, but also a bit scared at the same time. I really did not want to keep leaning it out more and more without a wideband to verify the AFR was well below 12.

3) Despite being fairly rich, I at least had no major increase in richness at the higher RPMs like I did when I dyno'd without the S-AFC. Because of this, in my opinion, my timing advance was VERY smooth and right where it needed to be. I was tempted to throw in a few gallons of 112 octane and lean it out some more, but the lines were long, so I just went home. I was very satisfied with the 12.8 and clutch that didn't smell funky.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2005, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Believe it or not, I have never driven at a drag race before.
12.8 with a filter and an AFC I think is good though.
Seeing that your RPM's don't drop below 5400 maybe load your Ne points higher for more high end tuning;
1K, 2K, 3K, 4K, 4.6K, 5K, 5.4K, 5.8K, 6.2K, 6.6K, 7K, 7.4K
Just an idea for the drag races...?

Old 05-13-2005, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh yea, don't forget to enter that time in the 1/4 mile times;
https://www.evotuners.net/forums/timeslips.php

Old 05-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry
Believe it or not, I have never driven at a drag race before.
12.8 with a filter and an AFC I think is good though.
Seeing that your RPM's don't drop below 5400 maybe load your Ne points higher for more high end tuning;
1K, 2K, 3K, 4K, 4.6K, 5K, 5.4K, 5.8K, 6.2K, 6.6K, 7K, 7.4K
Just an idea for the drag races...?
Wow, get your ass to the track for some baseline numbers!! I don't plan on going often, but I do want to know where I am at certain waypoints (stock, stock+S-AFC, S-AFC+MBC+Exh, etc.).

Yeah, somewhere in another post (maybe on EvoM), I said that I should do the same thing...shift my NE-points up so that I can get max tunability from 5-7.5k. The only problem is that I have the first S-AFC (left over from my Talon), so only get 7 total NE-points at 500rpm intervals. The best I can do is 5k, 5.5k, 6k, 6.5k, and 7k. I plan on doing that for all future trips to the track...

Old 05-14-2005, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Wow, get your ass to the track for some baseline numbers!!

Yeah, somewhere in another post (maybe on EvoM), I said that I should do the same thing...shift my NE-points up so that I can get max tunability from 5-7.5k. The only problem is that I have the first S-AFC (left over from my Talon), so only get 7 total NE-points at 500rpm intervals. The best I can do is 5k, 5.5k, 6k, 6.5k, and 7k. I plan on doing that for all future trips to the track...

ldstang50's idea (if still on stock injectors);
https://www.evotuners.net/forums/show...3&page=1&pp=25

It's a shame too because Fontana (California Speedway) is 20 minutes from my house. Gotta love the married with children life.

Old 05-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
ldstang50's idea (if still on stock injectors);
https://www.evotuners.net/forums/show...3&page=1&pp=25

It's a shame too because Fontana (California Speedway) is 20 minutes from my house. Gotta love the married with children life.
Yeah, this was my response to his suggestion: "I know what you mean by changing the ne-points for higher rpm so that you have more tuning. I have already changed my hi-throttle points for this exact reason, as I agree that it gives me more tuning points in the rpm ranges that need it most."

I had already begun to do that, and had it that way last night with these NE-points (3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7). Next time at the track, I'm just going to adjust upwards one slot, so that I cover 7.5k, but not 3.5k.

Old 05-14-2005, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh yea, don't forget to enter that time in the 1/4 mile times;
https://www.evotuners.net/forums/timeslips.php
I filled everything out, but it never shows up in the list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement