turboxs utec help - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Tuning & Engine Management
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Tuning & Engine Management Engine Management, EGT temps, timing, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

turboxs utec help

ok hereís the story my father went out and picked me up an 03 evo 8 I had no knowledge of this. But immediately I noticed some problems...the car has mods done to it which isnít a problem but I don't know what is done to it.. I tried calling the dealer and the guy that owned it before me has changed his number..ok so here is what ive found
intake aem
cat back exhaust
tien coil overís
bigger injectors
and the utec

only problem is I don't know how to use the utec I don't have the software for the utech im sure if I call the company they will send me the software for a fee.. but from reading there user manual online it looks pretty advance.. does anyone have any suggestions for me on what i should do.. i know the basics of tuning but i doubt as advanced as this is..

thanks is advance
Jesse
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You might be better off starting from as close to stock as possible. Find some stock 560cc injectors and just remove the utec.
http://www.turboxs.com/downloads/Evo...nual%201.6.pdf
When that's done, take it back to a dealership and have them flash the ECU back to stock. If your dad got it from a Mitsubishi dealership and they try and charge you for this, then bust a nutty on them for selling you a non-smog compliant car.
Look for anything connected to the wastegate accuator to make sure there's no boost controller connected too.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

well i want the car for performance i want to learn how to tune...... i know it has a boost controller it has a blitz. ive been around dsm's for a while and modified them as well just nothing as advanced as the utec.. and as i said in my pervious post i had read the user manual ..but thank you for your information

thanks
jesse

Old 10-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

I got rid of my utec and that is the best thing I could have done for my evo. Listen to turbo. flashing your ECU is better for your car. It does the same thing as the utec.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks so much....ill probably go with dynoflash...

thanks agian
Jesse
Old 10-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

The first thing you need to figure out is how big the injectors are. Unless you get a custom flash done, a mail-in flash will not get the scaling right without the proper injector size. The utec can scale up to 1000cc injector, which I doubt you have but just telling you for some food for thought.

GO to the Turboxs website and you can download the program for free. Put it in a laptop, get a serial cable, and you can get into the utec.

Once connected, go into user constants and look under injector scaling. THe value there should give you a ballpark figure. Bear in mind though that the value there can be smaller than the actuall injector size to help in scaling them.

The best way to determine the injector size is to send them to a company such as RC engineering and have them clean, adjust, and measure them.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

BTW, you should really dig a little deeper into this car to see what else is done to it. COuld have cams and even a swapped turbo. Most people don't usually put bigger injectors in a car just for kicks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement