Almost Ready for an EVO - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout > Member Intros
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Almost Ready for an EVO

Hey everyone.

I'm a long time DSM Tuner member and my rusty, 175k mile Talon just isn't cutting it anymore.

I've been looking to upgrade to an EVO for years... and now I'm almost to a good enough financial state to do so. The problem is: now that I can almost afford it, it seems like there are too many options.

I really love the feel of a Turbo, and I know the 4G63, so the EVO VIII and IX has always appealed to me. But I've also considered the WRX STI and even a 350z - I know it's not turbo, but the HP is similar and they look nice.

Another consideration is cost of tuning/modding. Modding my talon always seemed pretty reasonable, so I'm assuming the same from an EVO - at least it's probably cheaper than Nissan and Subaru.

Overall I just want a fast/fun car to drive. I'd like to do some SCCA events.
And I want to beat the Mustang GTs that think it's funny to rev their engines next to me at stop lights.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
The Evo is by far the easiest to mod out of that group. It's just like doing a DSM. You add an MBC, exhaust, and a tune (flash) - that's good for 50-70whp over stock. You can get up to 400whp on the stock turbo.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Evo is a better car than the STI, if you want the most performance. The only thing the STI really has over the Evo is a nicer interior, supposedly. There are a few road tests out there that show it.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Dollar for dollar, nothing can match the out put of a 4g63, but you already know this coming from a DSM.
If and when you get an Evo, it's ready to run at the track...
Throw in the basic stuff warrtalon already mentioned and some cams and you'll give cobras a run for their money... (at the track of course )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement