Evo owner from Kansas - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout > Member Intros
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Evo owner from Kansas

Just sending out my new member post. I've been an Evo owner since 03 and tuning it since 04. I race autocross (STS, STO and STX) in the midwest region.

Right now I'm looking for a good, used SAFCII so I can install my 850 injectors.

Current Mods are:
Buschur Racing Stages 1 thru 4
HKS 272/272 cams
Exedy Twin Plate Racing Clutch
B&M short shifter
TME 20G turbo
Injen FMIC
Injen Intake
Walbro 255 FP
Denso 850cc injectors (not installed)
Buschur ECU flash
Enkie 18" wheels
Eibach Pro springs
Hawk performance pads
HKS SSQV BOV

She runs pretty good, but still needs some fine tuning. IF I had the cash i'd just go with a AEM ECU....that would be nice...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Welcome! Did you mean you run in STU class? STS and STX are for cars like Civics and DSMs, but the Evo is in STU with the STi.

Why not just a flash? You can run those injectors easily, make more power, have more features, spend less money, and have much more flexibility than an SAFC. You can also store and use as many maps as you want. Certainly no need for an AEM EMS when EcuFlash is free, and you can easily tune it yourself without the hassle of a standalone.

I also highly recommend getting a proper recirculating BOV.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

I live in Overland Park ,KS. I sold my safc II in favor of getting a flash thru dynoflash.
I'm bushcur stage 4 -fmic and have a snow methanol stg II kit installed but not tuned yet (I'm not using it until I get tuned).

If your in the kc area there are a few of us evo's owners that kind of band together, although there are a ton of sti's to beat up on.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I'll take a look into the Ecu flash, any recommendations on where to ge that done in the KS area or a good shop with a quick turn around? (this car is a daily driver).
Next time I'm in KC I'll look for ya. I'm always down for smackin around a few Sti's
Old 03-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I don't know of any tuners in that specific area, but you can get tuned remotely if needed. Also, you shouldn't need a "quick turnaround" for tuning. What I mean is...it doesn't take long, so it's not like you'll be without your car for any extended amount of time - maybe 1-2 hours.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Hey, you should make the trip up to Hastings, NE this year for the NASA event we're having out there. I know it's not extremely close to you but we'll be driving from Denver.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

I meant quick turn-around if I had to send it out. This car is still a daily driver and the SCCA season is in full swing here. I had Buschur do the initial flash and it only took about three days, I'll probably send there if I can't find something local.
When is the NASA event in NE?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

If your looking to get tuned in KC there is a shop called got tint?/Modified by KC, the guy that does evo's and tuning is awesome and is quite familiar with openecu, he is also a certified aem ems dealer and tuner as well as various other stand alones and also has a 03 evo making over 500whp on a ball bearing turbo and built 2.0.

He got car with 1000cc injectors to idle like stock using chrome which is impressive to me, having tuned a few cars with chrome before which is somewhat limited imho as far as tuning programs go.

He is only there in the evenings and his days off from his other job so make sure to call and setup a appt prior.

If your interested in getting a tune or any part installed let me know and I'll pm you the shops #.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement