Hello - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout > Member Intros
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Pacific Northwest
Hello

Hello everyone. I have been wanting an evo for I while. I test drove one at a park and sell lot about a year ago, and was blown away by how much faster it was than a wrx.
I have had a couple fast cars, none even close to the evo though.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Welcome. Do you plan to get one in the future?

Old 07-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Yes, as soon as my wifes dodge is paid off, I will be getting one. From what I have read I will probably be looking for IX.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

That would be my recommendation - IX SE, if possible.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
That would be my recommendation - IX SE, if possible.
Why the SE?

I have the SE, I wish I would have got the MR. I think I would have been happier with
the six speed.

Dennis
Old 07-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
Why the SE?

I have the SE, I wish I would have got the MR. I think I would have been happier with
the six speed.
I'll copy what I wrote from another thread to save me some time:

This is coming from an 05 MR owner (me). I suggest the IX SE, because it allows you to get the most important performance features without having to pay the high prices for the SSL or MR. Specifically, here are the reasons:

- IXs are the most refined and most powerful of all (both stock and modded), so any IX should be at the top of your list to begin with
- SEs come with HIDs, which are NOT standard on the GSR, but do come standard on the GSR SSL and MR with a much higher price tag. It's dumb that the base GSR doesn't come with HIDs or even as an option, but oh well
- SEs come with the special diamond black BBS rims that weigh only 17.74lbs. The 05 MRs originally came with the charcoal BBS rims, then the 06 MRs did, too, but the IX SE and IX SE MR come with the special diamond black version that looks awesome. The regular GSR only comes with Enkeis that weigh 20.17lbs on the IX
- SEs have the aluminum roof, which no GSR has and only the RS/MR have
- SEs come with the special seats with red stitching and additional aero on the front lip that other models don't have
- The IX SE (non-MR) comes with the 5spd, which is preferred due to the weakness of gears 4-6 in the MR 6spd, however, this is not a problem for 95% of people who don't race frequently. I blew 4th gear in my 6spd from road racing, but I didn't have a problem with tons of drag racing and autocrossing before getting into road racing, so this may not be a problem for you. Also, the 6spd actually has better gearing for daily and highway driving
- The biggest (and only, imo) loss if you get a IX SE is you don't get the Bilstein shocks of the MR. They are great shocks that ride smooth with increased performance, but this is a non-issue if you plan to do coilovers, and I don't consider it enough to justify the extra 3-4k

Old 07-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Yea, I think I will be plenty happy with the IX. I don't think I want the wing though.
I am looking forward to hookin up with a stock evo and keeping it stock for a long time.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thfloor View Post
Yea, I think I will be plenty happy with the IX. I don't think I want the wing though.
I am looking forward to hookin up with a stock evo and keeping it stock for a long time.
That's what I thought. I've only had mine for 9 months and trying to fight the urge to modify. I know I won't last a full year.

Dennis
Old 07-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
I'll copy what I wrote from another thread to save me some time:

This is coming from an 05 MR owner (me). I suggest the IX SE, because it allows you to get the most important performance features without having to pay the high prices for the SSL or MR. Specifically, here are the reasons:

- IXs are the most refined and most powerful of all (both stock and modded), so any IX should be at the top of your list to begin with
- SEs come with HIDs, which are NOT standard on the GSR, but do come standard on the GSR SSL and MR with a much higher price tag. It's dumb that the base GSR doesn't come with HIDs or even as an option, but oh well
- SEs come with the special diamond black BBS rims that weigh only 17.74lbs. The 05 MRs originally came with the charcoal BBS rims, then the 06 MRs did, too, but the IX SE and IX SE MR come with the special diamond black version that looks awesome. The regular GSR only comes with Enkeis that weigh 20.17lbs on the IX
- SEs have the aluminum roof, which no GSR has and only the RS/MR have
- SEs come with the special seats with red stitching and additional aero on the front lip that other models don't have
- The IX SE (non-MR) comes with the 5spd, which is preferred due to the weakness of gears 4-6 in the MR 6spd, however, this is not a problem for 95% of people who don't race frequently. I blew 4th gear in my 6spd from road racing, but I didn't have a problem with tons of drag racing and autocrossing before getting into road racing, so this may not be a problem for you. Also, the 6spd actually has better gearing for daily and highway driving
- The biggest (and only, imo) loss if you get a IX SE is you don't get the Bilstein shocks of the MR. They are great shocks that ride smooth with increased performance, but this is a non-issue if you plan to do coilovers, and I don't consider it enough to justify the extra 3-4k
Some good points.

Dennis
Old 07-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Wow that was a gret write up makes me want to take my 05 back to get and 06 SE !!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdlancer View Post
Wow that was a gret write up makes me want to take my 05 back to get and 06 SE !!
I would in a heartbeat if my 05 wasn't already so modded...

Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thfloor View Post
So, you're going to get an RS maybe?

Old 07-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I like white and red, but they are not my favorite. I love power windows. I can't say, one way or the other. My favorite color is graphite grey pearl. I do however like the look of wicked white. If I came across a nice wicked white RS that was not jacked with I would definetely be able to make due. The evo I test drove was a rally red RS that had been rode hard and put away wet and had no warrenty.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Oh, and I don't know, if I had to suffer a wing so be it.

How bad is insurance for you guys?

I have not had a ticket in over 5 years, but I have a feeling its going to be high.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thumbs up

it depends on your driving record and a lot of other variebles (age) ... etc i am 20 yrs old with a clean record and i only pay some thing like 1200 a year with AAA !!
if you get it with lo-jack your insurance will give you a discount if its garaged you get a discount if you dont drive daily they give you a discount !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement