New Evo owners in Colorado Springs - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout > Member Intros
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

New Evo owners in Colorado Springs

Greetings! My fiance and I just bought our '06 GG Evo MR a couple weeks ago. We love the car. We're taking it pretty easy to start with...we've wound it out quite a bit (after break-in), but we haven't really tried to launch yet. Besides, the terrain here makes it such that there aren't many opportunities to try out the 2-step...at least not during daily driving, heh. Oh well...we just want to get used to the car before we start trying to push it.

Great to meet everyone! We look forward to a lot of fun...in the car, and here on the boards.

K
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Excellent. Glad to have another Evo in the Springs, especially a GG MR (the best, of course).

Be sure to stay abreast of upcoming events, and let me know if you have any questions. I have a garage, tools, and spare parts for when you decide to start modding. I can also help with launch techniques, shifting pointers, and general racing tips.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome...thanks!

We keep talking about mods...we both keep leaning toward staying with stock parts for now. We dropped in a K&N air filter, but that's it, so far. The warranty isn't a big deal to us, but being able to handle whatever we end up doing to it very much is a big deal. I'm used to understeer and shifting weight to throw a front-drive through a corner...this AWD thing is kinda new for me.

In any case, we're excited to see the other Evo's around here, so we'll definately stay up on the events that take place in the area.

btw, did you see a GG MR on Briargate a weekend or two ago...maybe heading toward Rangewood?

K

Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Don't remember ever seeing another GG Evo in the Springs. I thought I was the only one for a while.

Too bad you missed out on the NASA track event this weekend at PMI. You could have spectated or ridden with me to get an idea of how to drive one of these things. I put down some wicked lap times, so I think I'm a pretty good example to follow. There will be more to come, though...

Old 03-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

That would have been great...I wish I'd been in town. I'd love to ride along with someone with some real experience behind the wheel.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey there Kdogg... I bet you look great in that Evo!!!

~Bambi
Old 03-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

you know it, Bambi...I think I need a shave though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement