Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

new to the forum

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Warrtalon 
#1 · (Edited)
my name is chris my wife and i just baught a 05 evo blue we are located in the denver area. it is a great car but we are still getting use to it. If anyone has any tips or tricks about modding the evo feel free to let me know so we start modding on the right path no wasted time with wrong parts! cant wait to meet some new people in the evo world

#3 ·
Yet another RMEVO member! Excellent.

Chris, I can get you pointed in the right direction for mods, and I can get you hooked up with our local RMEVO tuner. You've definitely come to the right place to get taken care of in the RM area.

I, too, have an 05 and have been very successful with modding my car the right way without wasting money and while being fast on the track.

#7 ·
Because an untuned intake will throw off the Mass-Air readings and your ecu will cut back boost making your car slower in the process. Dynoflash, a company that will tune your ecu and that is recomended in the evo world did a test of an evo that had an hks intake and was untuned for 2 years and some serious engine damage resulted.

Jared

#9 ·
just got the pump yesterday just waiting to install it, and thanks for the info for tuning! it is really nice to have some people willing to lend a helping hand and information to ones in that have not messed with the evo yet, and to provide honest info to get them started on a clean build!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.