New, Just bought a "new" 2006 Evo MR ... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout > Member Intros
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

New, Just bought a "new" 2006 Evo MR ...

Hi Folks ...

I just traded in my 10 year old Camaro SS for a new Evo IX MR ... so far I am impressed with the handling and can not wait to get past the break in to really open it up (only 112 miles on it so far) ... I look forward to reading the posts on this car since it is my first foray into the world of 4 cylinders and 4wheel drive ... I have to read about Launching techniques and of course get a mod list going ... I would like 300 - 350 whp and hopefully can achieve that fairly easily and without a lot of impact to drivability as I use this as my daily driver ...

See you in the Forums ...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 338whp/371 lb-ft
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
welcome and good choice man! good choice on th IX man. those things are downright nasty believe me! i got 324hp and 348tq out of my IX pretty easily. all with just a 3" turboback exhaust, boost controller, ECU flash and dyno time. its a daily driven beast and i love it.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Interesting ...

I have seen something called the Warrtalon package from some guys here in Ohio ... that set up seems to have the mods that you mentioned you have ... maybe this is a good place to start ???

Can you tell me what parts you used and who did the tune ... Thanks ...

Old 09-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to Evotuners, congrats on your purchase. The Warrtalon package is an excellent start and is a variation of the Buschur stg1 package that Buschur racing sells. It has a few parts that are different than Buschurs package and have worked well enough for Warr to sell as is. Warrtalon is a mod on this site so you can ask him the specifics or just research it for yourself. Any questions whatever it may be, just ask.

Jared
Old 09-22-2007, 05:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Congrats on the EVO. And do your research on what you want to do with the car.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

I got the Warrtalon package this spring (along with a few other goodies... ), and then had it custom tuned by Al (Dynoflash) over at Buschur's shop. It's a fantastic starting point for whatever mod path you decide to go with, and I recommend it highly.

By the way, where in Ohio are you located? I'm in northwestern Pennsylvania, but am very close to the Ohio border.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-A View Post
I have seen something called the Warrtalon package from some guys here in Ohio
best post in this thread :lol:

yea the warrtalon is a great place to start.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hey Geese ...

I am on Lewis Center Ohio ... that is part of Columbus ... and thanks for the feedback ...
Old 09-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome aboard.
300-350 on a IX makes for fun daily drives.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have been reading the posts and seem to find most stuff I wm looking for ... but ...

1 . I do not seem to be able to find anything about "when" it is prudent to go to an after market clutch setup e.g. how much whp before you start to need a better clutch set up and how will the Evo Ix MR stand up to 300 - 350 ... will I wind up with issues in the drive train if I keep it in that range (and yes I know that it is partly a function of my driving and my ability to use the clutch) \

and ...

2. I KNOW that warrtalon has posted about launching properly but I can NOT seem to find the posts ... can anyone point me to them ...

TY
Old 09-25-2007, 09:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-A View Post
1 . I do not seem to be able to find anything about "when" it is prudent to go to an after market clutch setup e.g. how much whp before you start to need a better clutch set up and how will the Evo Ix MR stand up to 300 - 350...
To me, if it's not broke, don't fix it. The first time you smell burning clutch, or when you try and excelerate and the RPM's shoot up and you go no where; then it's time to get a clutch. Some people have been rocking the stock clutch with 300whp+ with no problems. Others have killed it with no mods. It really comes down to the driver. You might be able to get more life out of the stock clutch by removing the fluid restrictor and swapping in a stainless steel clutch line. Both will aid in reducing slipping while the clutch is engaging. Less slip, less heat, less wear.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks TL ... I will get the clutch line done for sure ...
Old 09-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

I made it to 30k miles before I needed a new clutch, but I have been running around with >400whp/ftpds since about the 5000 mile mark.

I don't launch very often, mainly just at the track and on a few select occasions when running into certain cars. I drive pretty conservatively 99% of the time, but didn't expect the clutch to last as long as it did with as much torque as it has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement