Saying Hello from Down Under - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout > Member Intros
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Saying Hello from Down Under

Hi everyone, have just stumbled across your forum & joined.
Brief history of me & my ride.
I am a Business Manager for a Mitsubishi Ralliart Dealer in Townsville, North Queensland, Australia, fell in love with EVO's when I was lucky enough to drive a TME 6.5 when they first arrived in Australia for sale.
The EVO community in this neck of the woods is about 12 EVO's ranging from EVO II through to EVO IX, for a population base of 165,000
I have a Rally Red EVO VIII with a few mods, I Hillclimb & Sprint it, our season runs for about 8 months from March to October, otherwise it is to hot to run, average temps of
31C & Humidity 95% constantly.
There were 250 EVO VIII imported into Australia from 2003 to 2005, they came from Malta, so they are Euro Spec., standard 195Kw at the fly, (261 BHP).
I am right into modding mine for circuit & hillclimbs, seems to be plenty of info & tips on here, hope I can contribute some back.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

welcome man
Old 05-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome!

One of the main things we tell people to do is to use the free flashing software that is available for the stock ECU... but I am not sure if it is compatible with the Euro spec ECU or not. There are piggy back systems available that work well if flashing is not an option.

Just pre-empting Warrtalon from going on an anti piggyback rant if the flash will not work for you

Keith

Old 05-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
EcuFlash can work for non-US ECUs, but it's not straightforward.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Thanks for the welcome guys, we have a number of alternatives available for flashing the standard ECU, similar to The States, E.G. Ecutek, Chiptorque & EcuFlash.
My problem is that I am about 1,000 miles away from a competent tuner, that is why I went with a Ralliart Competition ECU, it removes the speed limiter, 2 step launch & furel cuts, & also allows higher boost, up to 1.79 Bar or about 26PSI, it also pulls timing when it detects detonation, all in all a very safe tune & it's plug & play.
My car runs about 200wkw or about 270WHP on pump gas 98RON, & 400NM of torque,standart torque is 355NM.
Where I work has a Race Team that races Pajeros or what you call Montero in OFF ROAD Rallying, the engine builder was up here last week & he races EVOs on circuit, he tried to reflash my ECU with the latest Ralliart Maps, but unfortunatly mine which was imported from Ralliart Japan is locked with a code, but I still have my standart ECU, I will eventually get re-flashed.
There are plenty of EVO owners doing this down south, mainly on the EVOLUTIONOZE Forum.

Last edited by 80ove; 05-08-2007 at 03:09 AM. Reason: wrong terminology
Sponsored Links
Advertisement