Best car alarm system? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Best car alarm system?

Hi, anyone kno which company makes the best car alarms. I'm researching as much as I can but haven't really narrowed it down to any companies yet. Any help would be appreciated thx!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 06:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a Clifford Matrix 10.5 system and I love it. It has the remote w/ the LCD screen that shows you what part of your car triggered the alarm. It has shock sensors, tilt sensors, a mini pizo alarm under the dash, leds, its rocks. You can get it with a remote start also I didn't.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Clifford or Viper they are both made by DEI and are the same thing. Get one with the 2 way remote so you can monitor what is going on with your car. Both of these have many options that you can add on to customize them. Check out DEI's website for more info.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

There really isn't so much a "Best" car alarm. Each one has certain features. DEI owns almost all the major brands (Viper, Clifford, Avital, Hornet, Stinger etc.) Another very good brand is Compustar. They have been noticed as top performers by SEMA so I'd look into them too. Your best bet is to shop around and decide what features you want. Just like turbo kits everyone will be biased in one direction or another. Choose whats right for you.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Does anyone just pull some fuses that are important to starting the car, such as the ignition fuse?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

I also had a friend with a civc who just unplugged his ecu and tucked the carpet back over it so no one could tell what he did.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well that is an effective way of disabling a car although somewhat archaic and time consuming. An easier method would be to wire a keyed switch inline with the starter solenoid and then taking that key with you.

However alarms are really only good for two things, keeping honest people honest and giving a dishonest person time to think twice about what he's going to steal from your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement